One Mind... One Body

One Mind... One Body

A Story by Vladimir
"

A man is given the ability to stand once again.

"

It’s a gift to be able to stand. Metaphorically speaking, standing on your own two feet in it of itself has one of mankind’s great instincts in mind. It means that you can stand tall and sturdy, and that you are ready to move forward. Moving forward… It’s what has gotten us all to this future that those before us brought to fruition. And it’s what brought me to stand tall and move forward today. Modern science has done a great deal of things to aid humanity. It doesn’t just help us live, it helps us move on.

       I finally got it today. A fully functioning, brain controlled prosthetic leg. A leg that safely connects my own nerves to its circuits. It contains an advanced artificial intelligence that reads pulses sent into it from the brain, in order to carry out the desired function. It does so at a rate much faster than normal, making the response time from wanting to move the limb is faster. It’s a modern miracle, and I’m finally able to get my hands on one. A leg outfitted to feel and move even better than the old one.

      Because of modern science, I can now stand tall once again, and move forward to a new world of opportunities that I once thought I could never hope to take hold of.

© 2017 Vladimir


Author's Note

Vladimir
I'm sorry that this one is so short, and not as much detail was put into it as my other stories. This was something I wrote in the middle of class, and I thought it was good enough to at least post.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

awe what a beautiful story!!Move past our so-called limitations. Defy expectations. Bounce back with the resilience that every single one of us was born with. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
maria♥ Thank You for sharing.,.it is truly is a Blessing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

awe what a beautiful story!!Move past our so-called limitations. Defy expectations. Bounce back with the resilience that every single one of us was born with. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
maria♥ Thank You for sharing.,.it is truly is a Blessing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017

Author

Vladimir
Vladimir

Miami, FL



About
I'm a young aspiring writer that always has room for improvement, and I accept criticism. I'm looking to expand my horizons, and enhance my writing skills through this site, and any help is welcome! .. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Story by Vladimir


Afraid Afraid

A Story by Vladimir