Rekindled Love

Rekindled Love

A Story by Rokatsu
"

NearxRose, Death Note fanfic, s****y description, just read it.

"

Rose was sitting at her assigned desk, staring at the computer screen blankly. She was bored and had nothing to do. L was dead, and the case held no clue's at this point. She had been working for 48 hours straight, with no breaks at all. Everyone else had been allowed to leave, but Rose was forced to stay. She was the only one who wasn't allowed to leave, which kinda ticked her off, though she gave no hints towards it. "This is ridiculous. There is nothing we can do, yet we are being forced to work overtime, non-stop." Rose thought to herself. She looked over to Near, who was sitting down on the ground playing with a puzzle. "Why doesn't he ever do anything? All he does is sit and play with his toys all day." Rose thought. She sighed. She was getting tired, and the coffee and cake were not helping as much anymore. "Something wrong Rose?" Near asked. He didn't even look at me. "Nothing." I lied, leaving no emotion in my voice or on my face, as I turned around and faced the computer again. Suddenly I felt someone leaning over me, as if they were P.O.S.ing me. I turned to look, and was met by dark panda eyes. They were simular to L's.

 

Unlike Near, I had met L. Me and L had worked together on several cases, we were good friends. I missed L, but I knew he was dead. The best thing I could do for L was to beat Kira and bring justice to the world. I knew Near from Wammy's House, because I went there as a kid. Though I ran away shortly after with Mello. I was in the Mafia with Mello for a couple of years. Then when he and Matt planned to kidnap Takada I didn't want to take part in it. They understood and left to go onto their suicide mission. They never returned. I found out a week later that they were dead, though I already knew. I was brokenhearted, but I knew I had to be strong for them. I had to bring Kira to justice no matter what. Thats when Near found me. He took me into the SPK team and offered me to help him catch Kira once and for all. I automatically agreed. That was two days ago and I hadn't stopped working since. Well until now.

 

"Your not a very good liar." Near stated. Bringing me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I stared at him with the same emotionless mask. "What do you mean?" Near leaned closer. What the hell? Whats he trying to do? I blushed a light shade of pink. His mouth was just inches from mine. "There seems to be something bothering you. You have been acting quite strange lately. Even stranger than normally." He simply told me, his big dark eyes staring right into my wide hazel ones. "I've been acting strange?" I thought aloud. I put my thumb to my lips, biting my thumb hard. Almost hard enough to make it bleed. As I pondered this I realized Near was right. "I have been acting quite strange." I mumbled, putting my hand back onto my lap. "Like now for example, the only time you sit cross-legged is when you are under stress." How the hell did he notice this? Well I guess the kid was observant, but still... "Please tell me what is bothering you Rose." He almost demanded, moving closer to me. My blush deepened. Damnnit! He knew my weaknesses and was using them against me! That b*****d! "Near... I...." Damn him. He was the thing that was bothering me. Ever since... that kiss... five years ago, he's been bothering me.

 

I couldn't exactly tell Near that I've loved him for five years and that he was driving me insane. Could I? Well... maybe but... "Rose." I flinched. I had become so lost in my own world that I forgot I was talking to Near. That happened quite often actually. "It's nothing. I'm just tired." I replied. We stared at each other for a few minutes. His eyes searching mine for any signs of distress. When he was satisfied, he nodded and stood up. "Alright, come with me. We don't have any guest beds here, so your going to have to sleep in the same bed as me." I blushed again. "Why do I have to sleep in his bed?" I thought. I nodded and we turned off all of the computers and electrical devices in the room. I switched off the light switch, and then I followed him as he lead me to his room. We walked in an awkward silence. "I'll sleep on the floor if it makes you more comfortable." Near suggested. "No it's fine. I don't want you to sleep on the floor. It's okay." Near looked over at me, analizing my emotionless face. He nodded and suddenly stopped. We were obviously at his room now. He opened the door, revealing a white bedroom with white everything. Literally. Everything was white. There were toys, puppets, puzzles, and other things like those scattered all around the room. There was a big tower of cards, and a giant teddy bear in one of the corners of the room. It was like walking into an eight year-olds room. Even though Near was twenty years old, he still acted like he was eight. I wasn't surprised. Near was Near afterall, he never changed. No matter how old he was.

 

"Nice." I commented. As the door shut behind me, I felt my heart rate pick up. What will happen next? What will he do? Will we end up... doing things? So many unanswered questions plagued my mind, driving me even more insane. I started to bite my nails nervously. "Aren't you going to change? Theres a bathroom attatched to this room, I have some extra pajamas in there if you don't have any. You should put on some PJ's or something." I nodded, trying not to show any sign of stress as I walked as normally as I could into his bathroom. The bathroom was average size, nothing special. There was a toilet, countertop-sink, bathtub-shower, and a big mirror. Rose stood in front of the mirror, staring at herself. Her eyes were cold and emotionless. If you looked long enough you could see hate, lonelyness, regret, pain, anguish, and fear in them. Her past had ruined her, and turned her into this cold-emotionless creature. Maybe it was that way for Near too... or maybe he was just that way. Near had never told Rose about what happened to him before Wammys House, and he probally never will.

 

I sighed. "Enough with this, I need to change!" I whispered to myself. Bending down, I opened the cabnet drawers below the countertop-sink and started to search for pajamas. The only problem was that there was only a lone white t-shirt that was too small and would probally reveal everything I owned. "Just great." I muttered. Oh well, I guess that had to do. I removed my top, bra and pants, only leaving on my underwear. Then I pulled on the pajama shirt and did up the buttons. Just as I thought, it was too tight. It went down to my navel and clung to my hips. It hugged my big breasts perfectly, showing the shape of them. You could also see my n*****s. "Well thats just cake." I grumbled to myself. I looked like I was getting ready to play with my husband. Wait what? Husband? Near as a husband.... I'd like that. I looked at myself in the mirror. To me, this was the ultimate humiliation. I hated dressing like this, but I had no choice. I picked up my clothes and folded them neatly, and then I put them away for later. I then quickly brushed and flossed my teeth. After 15 minutes of being in the bathroom, I was finally ready to go outside. I was nervous, because of what I was wearing. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, and opened the door, expecting the worst.

 

As soon as I opened the door and Near looked over, I thought I was going to die. His jaw dropped, he was staring at me with wide eyes, a look of pure lust coming onto his face. We were both blushing a deep shade of red. I tried to put my arms around myself to cover myself up, but I only made it worse, giving him an even greater view of my massive breasts. I stared at him, trying to be calm, while blushing as red as a tomato. He suddenly realized that he was staring at me in a lustful way, and quickly looked away. He was ashamed of himself and trying hard not to look. "H-h-how come your not wearing pants.... or a shirt that would fit...?" Near tried and failed to calmly ask. "I... this is all there was..." "I see...." An even more awkward silence then before filled the room. Finally finding my courage, I walked across the room and got into the bed beside him. He was still sitting up, facing the opposite direction from me. I turned towards him, looking up at him. He coninued to sit with one leg pulled up to his chest and the other one dangling uselessly. One hand twirling his soft white hair. Oh how I longed to touch his hair. How I longed for him. For so many years I've wanted him. For so many years I've lusted for him. For so many years I've... loved him. I couldn't stand it anymore. I was tired of holding back, of waiting. I was going to take him now, to make him mine. Suddenly, I didn't care about the Kira case anymore, about revenge. About anything. All I cared about was the boy, no, the man sitting beside me. Near, no, Nate River.

 

I sat up and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close to me. Oh how I longed to do this for years. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, holding him close to me. He froze. I decided that I was going to be selfish. I was going to be the selfish and self-centered person that I was and force myself onto him. But right now all I wanted was to hold him, even if it was for a little while. My breasts pressed into his back, being crushed from holding Near to me. I wanted to stay still and hold him forever. "Rose... this is highly innapropriate.... please stop this." I ignored him. I no longer cared what was right or wrong, I just wanted to hold him, to be with him. I was selfish. I only cared about what I wanted. "Theres no way I'm going to stop." I said, as I reached over and started to unbutton his pajama shirt. "R-R-rose!!! Stop it!!" Near yelled, suddenly leaping away from me as if I was going to kill him. I didn't want to be the cold-emotionless robot anymore, I didn't want to suffer anymore. I wanted to forget everything. I wanted Near, only Near. Maybe this meant I was using him, but I didn't care. I loved him, and that was good enough for me. I looked at him, my eyes full of emotion, letting him see the real me for the first time. He stared back at me, his eyes were also filled with emotion. There was love, pain, hate, regret, sadness, lonelyness. "We were alot alike, afterall." I thought.

 

I was hurt that he jumped away from me like that. I was hurt that after all these years, maybe he never really did love me anymore. Maybe his feelings for me no longer existed. Maybe he has moved on. I looked up at him, pleading with my eyes for him to come back to me, to love me again. Like he used to when we were fourteen. "I love you Nate River." I whispered the words I had been dying to say to him for five years. He shook his head, tears streaming down his face. "We can't Rose. Your my co-worker, my best friend." That wasn't it, there was something else he was hiding from me. "Thats fine, I can always quit. We can always change that. We can be lovers again." Near shook his head. "We can't Rose. Please listen to me." "If that is the case.... then please let me love you. Just for tonight." Near shook his head. I had enough. I grabbed him and threw him down onto the bed, quickly jumping onto his lap and pinning him down. My right hand held his wrists above his head, while the other finished unbuttoning his shirt. My legs pinned his down, preventing him from attempting to kick if he tryed. "Rose!" He yelped, surprised at how strong I was, for a female, and how dominant I was. "I'm going to make love to you Near, and you're going to like it." I said, looking into his eyes. For once he looked scared, no, terrified even. Why was he so scared? I didn't know. I didn't want to care, I was selfish. I wanted Near for myself, and I refused to let anything get in my way from now on. I leaned down and kissed his lips softly, lovingly. It's been too long since I've kissed him, since I've tasted him.

 

We were two humans, hiding behind a mask. We pretended to be happy, to be normal, to feel nothing at all. We pretended, but deep down inside we were dying. We were in so much pain, and no one ever noticed. No one ever cared to. And the ones that did would never understand. We were broken, and the only way to be fixed was to be together. We could fix each other. After awhile I pulled away. "Why are you fighting me?" I asked him. Near sighed and looked away. "I guess I'm afraid..." "Don't be. Remember when you and I were fourteen years old?" I asked him. He stared back at me, nodding his head. "You... gave me my... our... first kiss." I blushed slightly, remembering the special moment we shared. "Of course I would remember. Why do you ask?"

 

FLASHBACK:

Mello had gotten pissed off at me for stealing another chocolate bar, so he decided to teach me a lesson. He started to bully me and do anything and everything to make me miserable, like he did with Near. I was so upset one day that I ran out of class while the teacher was in mid-lecture. I had ran to an oak tree and started to cry under it, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. It was Nears arms. After calming me down, I explained the situation to Near, and thats when Near snapped. "MELLO!!! THAT B*****D!!! I'LL KILL HIM!!!" Near angrily shouted. It surprised me, because Near rarely, no, NEVER got mad at anyone. "Mello can do whatever he wants to me, but if he touches you...." Near angrily trailed off. I looked up at him, my hazel eyes meeting his grey-black ones. Then he kissed me. Pressing his lips to mine. I was surprised at first, but quickly let my instincts kick in, kissing him back. After a few minutes, we both pulled away for air. Near smiled at me, giving me a rare smile. I returned the rare smile. "I love you, Rose." He whispered softly. My smile widened, even more if possible. "I love you too, Nate River." His eyes widened in surprise, since I knew his name, but then he just shook it off. "I'm going to teach Mello a lesson, stay here. I'll come back for you I promise." Mello never bullied me again after that, I still don't know what Near did to convince Mello to leave me alone, but that was fine. Mello and me actually became great friends later on, and we learned how to share our chocolate fettish together.

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

"I miss you Near... can we... can we be together again?" I asked him. Near stared at me for a long time, and then when he made up his mind, he gently pressed his lips to mine. "I can try to be with you, but these emotions are complicated. I love you Rose, but I must sort out my feelings before getting into a proper and healthy relationship with you." I nodded in understanding and hugged him. "I love you too, and I promise I'll be patient and won't give up on you." Near smiled slightly. "I am glad. Now you look like your about to fall over. Lets rest." I nodded in agreement and got under the covers with him. Near then turned off the light and I snuggled into him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "Your still not going to try to rape me, right?" There was a pause, before I answered, "Maybe." Near didn't sleep the rest of the night.

 

I fell asleep with a smirk on my face.

© 2012 Rokatsu


Author's Note

Rokatsu
Gosh I wrote this about half a year ago. My writing has improved alot since then, but I'm too lazy to re-write this, so I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to critizise though. Rose is my OC. I own nothing but Rose and the story I wrote. Death Note and it's characters belong to their rightful owners.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on March 8, 2012
Last Updated on March 8, 2012
Tags: nate river, near, death note, rose, rose lawliet ryuzaki, fanfic, rekindled love, anime, manga

Author

Rokatsu
Rokatsu

Canada



About
Moving every fanfiction to here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Rokatsu more..

Writing