Under the Jungle Gym

Under the Jungle Gym

A Story by Danielle Barker
"

Kindergartener Daniel Shays was best friends with Sea Berrints, also a kindergartener. At the end of the school year, Sea's hippie parents decide to move to Winsfeild, a small town in Illinios.

"
Normally when I start to write something, I know what to write. But my professor thought I was specal andsve me an assignment that is almost impossible to me. She called me up to her desk and gave me a prompt for a personal narrative.
" I'm sorry professor, " I said nervously," I'm just not good with putting my personal information out there like that,"
All she did was smile and say:
"you'll do fine,"
When I got to my sorority all my fiends tried to give me ideas and all good memories. But when I got to bed last night, the most perfect topic came into my head. I'll write about my kindergarten best friend. She lasted forever, she still does. I'm going to write about Sea Berrints, the girl that broke my heart:
I was swinging on the swingset looking as raggedy as I could look. I was prone to injury, scrapes and bruises and ripped clothing. Though never liked to put band-aids on them because I didn't like to take them off. And I never liked anyone to tend to my injuries either.
So as I was saying, I was swinging in thed swing set, not going extremely high, just kindergarten height when I hear a sympathetic " oh my goodness!"
I look down and Sea I staring at my knee. I had a big scrape on it.
She ran into the school and about five minutes later, she came out with five band-aids. She put two on my knee, one on my forehead, one on my hand, and one on my cheek.
"That must have hurt, "
"Not a whole lot, maybe a little,"
"But I fixed it right?" she looked at me with big brown eyes.
"no,"
"I didn't?" tears started to well up in her eyes.
"Well, I mean you made it better, buy you didn't fix it becuse onlyGod can fix booboos. But you did make it feel better,"
"Yay!" she wiped the tears off and smiled really big "I'm Sea. What's your name?"
"Danny,"
"Let's play Danny," she started to jump up and down.
"No, that's okay," I said quietly
"Why not?"
" I don't play good with others,"
"Why?"
"Cuz I'm an only child,"
"So...so am I. Now come on let's play!". She pulled me off the swing. Causing me to scrape my other knee. Now tears started to well up in my eyes.
"Oh Danny! I'm so sorry!" she knelt down to my side and looked at my scrape. She pulled a band-aid off mmy forehead and put it on my knee.

© 2011 Danielle Barker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on June 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 4, 2011