Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

A Story by Romeion Case
"

...........just enjoy.

"

He just sat and stared at the bare white walls until some baby ghosts, as he called the little spots that usually appear when you stare at a surface too long, appeared. His vision became blurred after the first few minutes but he would keep his eyes fixed on that wall until when he looked around that room all he could see was white.

At other times he would sit and pine over how the world was stained with the filth of corruption and at every turn you were at risk of becoming contaminated with the greed and selfish lust that has resulted in mankind’s fall from a superior species to something less deserving to be named a part of Gods creation. His friends figured that he was just an overly sensitive puck and that he would soon wake up and realize that the world is not as cruel and unforgiving as he thought.

He was not always like this though. There was a time when nothing bothered him; a time when he was as free as a bird. There wasn’t a moment that you could be around him and maintained a straight face. He relished the joy he felt when he could put a smile on somebody’s face. He loved making his friends happy and he never had a friendship that ended on a sour note (or ended at all for that matter).

Now he felt as though he were a man reduced to narrating the events of his own life because he could not actively participate in it himself. In relationships he was always on the receiving end of the decision making process and quite often they weren’t made in his favor. So he hoped that after switching focus from that wall he would see the world like everyone else saw it, pure and full of potential like a blank sheet of paper.

© 2010 Romeion Case


Author's Note

Romeion Case
have fun an love it like i do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. I liked the wy the white wall ties in. The story inbetween was simple but to the point, so you understand the protagonist, and the ending explains it. Sometimes it's okay to see things differently from everyone else, I mean if we saw things in the same light everyone else does, we wouldn't be unique. Life wouldn't be life. It is the comparing and contrasting between two different mind sets that teaches us the most I think. But that's just me =]
Wonderful job on this piece darling, keep it up.

~Adora

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are many ways to view the world. And these seem to be the two most common. The world is indeed an evil place, that is because of the devious people on it. But then again it is always a place of opportunity. Great story of awakening with conflicting views. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2010

Author

Romeion Case
Romeion Case

Maplewood, NJ



About
I am a young College student who enjoys writing just for the fun of it. Sure i'd relish the idea of writing professionally but if that doesn't happen anytime soon, I'd be content to write for my frien.. more..

Writing
New Era New Era

A Poem by Romeion Case


Therapy Therapy

A Poem by Romeion Case