Runaway Boy

Runaway Boy

A Book by RonnanTristan
"

Just a simple story about a guy who run away from home.... =-)

"

© 2010 RonnanTristan


Author's Note

RonnanTristan
This is actually my first attempt in writing a novel.
It's a rough draft.
For fun or for good am not sure yet.
This is my unedited first chapter of this book.
Please don't mind the spelling, the grammar and punctuation marks yet.
I just wanted to know if am in the right track…
Hit me with your meanest and sweetest review as I badly needed it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story is amazing. The interaction of the characters made the story strong. Something changes our life and can't be repaired. A very good story. I like the story you write. English is a hard language even for the native speaker. You do very well and that is a great skill to maintain and improve.Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
It's commendable attempting to write a story in your second language, but there is a lot that needs to be done.

To sum up, I wouldn't have minded the spelling and grammar errors but it seriously inhibited me from getting through this story. I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, I'm really just trying to get you to work on what needs done. Unless you can polish this story up (which is going to be a LOT of work for you), I'd deem this story unsalvageable. Sorry Ronnan.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
You REALLY need to work on your tenses as you were constantly shifting back and forth between present and past, subsequently chopping up flow and the ability to actually follow along (for me anways).

You have a broad English vocabulary, but I think it's in this that you are making sentences overly complex or making poor choices with certain adjectives. For instance: 'My built-in, sliding closet standing GRANDLY at the corner...' Firstly, this sentence makes no sense (needs to be 'WAS standing'); secondly, grandly is a really awkward adjective to use here; and thirdly, it's IN the corner ('at' and 'in' were two words you mixed up frequently)...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with TTBoy, this is pretty nice---although with the dialogue in red, it kind of makes it look like the Bible. That's not a good or bad thing; that's just what it reminds me of! :)
Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ronnan - aside from the grammatical errors, it is actually a pretty good story. I wish you could have gotten the call from your dad though. Then again, you probably wouldn't be just like your dad. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on September 12, 2010
Tags: Book

Author

RonnanTristan
RonnanTristan

Quezon City, National Capital Region, Philippines



About
I'm 29 year old male from the Philippines, a dreamer of the ancient world. I am a fantasist who believes that the façade of the past era was the real aesthetic beauty of humanity. In my heart o.. more..

Writing
What Happen What Happen

A Chapter by RonnanTristan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alphabet Alphabet

A Poem by vincentbals