Sanding as time goes past.

Sanding as time goes past.

A Story by Rosa S
"

Story currently based on 1 person, much more writing to be added. Part of course work.

"
Developing your plot line
Developing the detail of your character will help you arrive at your story. And discovering causality.
what causes your character to do things or to be the way they are, will give you plot. But how do you develop that plot?

Returning to the example:
‘A woman on the bus today carried her Pekinese dog inside her handbag. It had a red bow on its head that matched her sweater.’

Now consider:
Why was she on the bus?Why did she have the dog and where was she taking it?
Why did she look the way she did?
Why did the dog have a red bow?
These are not scientific questions: if you wanted to know the correct answer to them, you would have asked her. They are matters for your imagination. Answering them will give you a plot.

My story starts below, in today.
__________________________________________

The two of them had been together for a long time. The pekinese dog had lived at least three times it's normal life span, & yet both she & the dog hadn't aged at all.

She slipped out of bed, leaving the dog sitting on one of the pillow shams. At one hundred and thirty years old, she still looked & moved as if she was in her early thirties. She showered, dried herself off with a big fluffy towel, something the dog would love to get his teeth into, but he had learned that biting was not a good thing.

She opened her wardrobe, found a pair of navy cord trousers, and a dark crimson silk knitted sweater. She dressed, then brushed out her long golden hair. It would have to go up in a neat bun today.

"C'mon Tinky time for you to be groomed as well" she said. "Ugh" thought the dog. She gave him a good gentle brush, then seeing a ribbon on her dresser she pulled his hair from his eyes, with more from his head, & tied the red ribbon around the dog's fur. She realised it was the same color as her jumper.

Today she was meeting up with a friend from school. They hadn't seen either for over forty years, today was the test to see if she could change herself into a seventy year old with her mind. She would have to use the bus as she didn't have a driving license for herself at 70.

She had managed to go backwards in age, and a few years forwards, but forty years was a challenge. She had younger school chums as well, her ability to 'stop time' on herself and anything she touched for at least 15mins per 12hrs was why the dog was like a puppy still.

Carefully putting on her boots with only a half inch heel she made sure that what she was wearing would be comfortable as a seventy year old as well as a thirty year old.

She pulled out a large hand bag an old fashioned "carpet bag" style. Everything was in order. She checked her hastily purchased online (using a photo of her mother, with whom there was very little difference looks wise) bus pass, picked up the dog and put him in the bag, zipping it up carefully allowing his head to stick out. She put it on the bed, when she aged she didn't want the dog to age forty years as it would die.

Concentrating, she gradually started to feel her body getting older, her weight changed a little, the trousers were less tight, the sweater no longer snug to her 'assets', her eyesight dimmed, she glanced in the mirror, shocked by the lines appearing on her face, her hair turning a mix of pale grey & white. She looked the part now. Picking up a pair of glasses, her handbag and keys, she walked slowly out of her home and down to the bus stop.

© 2018 Rosa S


Author's Note

Rosa S
Please ignore spell ing & grammar, although nods to improve would be great. Not completed due to death of computer!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on April 1, 2018
Last Updated on April 1, 2018

Author

Rosa S
Rosa S

Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom



About
Female, 50's, just starting out on writing fiction - doing an 8 week course online. As it's an online course there isn't a tutor to assist although the other learners (some who have been writing for a.. more..

Writing



FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5