Meadow full of dreams

Meadow full of dreams

A Story by Darkest Rose
"

Camilla is lost in a dream meadow,torn between living there and staying in the real world,what will she pick? Her dream world or her real life?

"
Looking around Camilla was shocked at what she saw,just minutes ago she had been in her bed nice and cosy but now she was in meadow full of lush tall grass and rose's.Around the massive clearing there was tall oak trees covered in sparkling lights,making it look like a perfect fairytale land.Benches sat underneath each tree on a raised platform carved out of marble,for each platform there were marble steps leading up to them with red and white rose's in vases on ether side of the steps.

Twirling around she noticed there were other people in the meadow men and women alike.The women had long flowing ball gowns on,in all different colours,to match there dresses they had the same coloured gloves and ribbons to tie there hair up into a neat bun or into a low ponytail,some just left there hair down so it cascaded around there shoulders.The men wore tailored suits,with bow ties to match the colour of what they wore,some wore red, some wore black and some wore dark green or dark blue,they each held canes tipped with gems the colour of what they wore.

They all turned round to Camilla and formed a circle,almost like they where protecting something that was inside it.They all called out at the same time 'Camilla! Welcome home! We have all missed you so much! Come on come see us!' She was shocked and a little bit worried she was not wearing what was appropriate attire for these people,but when she looked down she was in a flowing red and black ball gown with matching red gloves with a black fringe of lace at the top of them.She picked up the gown a bit in her hands and ran across the meadow to them,laughing with joy.As she ran her golden hair cascaded out behind her in a golden wave.

When she finally reached the little circle of people she greeted them formally for a girl of 16 but she really didn't feel 16 at all she felt more like she was 21 'Hi I'm so sorry I'm late! It was so hard to get here! But I don't know where here is,but anyway I'm so happy to see you all again!'' And she did know them which was the weird thing,she had never been here before that she could remember.'We know you love it here and we know this is your dream world,behind out circle we are hiding from you the house you have always wanted and the family,if you so choice we can let you stay here forever! Never to age,never to change! Won't you stay? Come to our balls,have a family relax for once!' 'Oh! Oh I can't I'm sorry,I already have a family,my sister,my mother and my father...I can't leave them,I truly can't,but can't I come back to visit sometimes?' They all looked so crestfallen but it was the right choice. 'Of course you can come back to visit! But before you go dance with us please?' Laughing Camilla spent hours dancing with them and having fun.But when she awake she sadly saw it was only a dream but such a good 1 at that!

© 2011 Darkest Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a fantasy story. At first, I thought she had gone to heaven after death. This is a very uplifting and fun story. I enjoyed!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I truly love this story,I felt the need to read more when I finished reading(: Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I know my reviews are a little picky, but here's some constructive critique. First off, in writing of most sorts, unless intentional, numbers 1-10 should be written out as one-ten. "I can't leave them,I truly can't,but can't I come back to visit sometimes?" could be structured with a semi-colon after them to assure proper structure. "I already have a family," could be followed by a colon instead of a comma. There's a few more grammatical issues, but now I'll hit the content.

I like the idea of this: two polarizing ideas try to split a girl apart, but it ends up in compromise. This reminds of me of really the two sides of life: both neither bad, but just different. Thank you for sharing this fairy tale with us!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hehe, there was something very "Alice in Wonderland" about this piece, which naturally made it enjoyable to read :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


aww this is a nice, fairy tale and dreamy story, i enjoyed this, you pictured the spot well, fresh and enjoyable for a relaxing fun read... some errors possibly spotted maybe do a proof read to look it over, i think in this line "behind out circle we are hiding from you the house you have always wanted and the family,if you so choice we " i think you meant to write our instead of out and you might want to write, if you choose so we can. "But when she awake she " maybe change awake to awoke? That's all i can see... if it helps. Otherwise i enjoyed this, cute and fresh write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really wonderful, I loved this story.
Such wonderful emotions in this.
Nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011

Author

Darkest Rose
Darkest Rose

Ireland



About
Hi...Well I love writing,mainly poetry and sometimes short story's,I love walking in the woods during the summer and the spring it sometimes gives me idea's for writing.I mainly base my poetry on thin.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Darkest Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B