Secrets of Love

Secrets of Love

A Story by Rose

Secrets of Love

 

 

I thought Luke used to love me. I thought we promised to never have any secrets. Obviously, I was wrong. He was in love with someone else and he had kept it from me. It serves me right though because he is not the only one who has secrets.

 

Luke and I were always popular; everyone looked up at us. Though some people always wanted to be like us, or even to go out with us, but it would never happen, as no-one could be anyone else. Although, it never stopped them trying. We had been going out with each other for 3 years and we had been the first couple to ever go out with the one they truly cared for. We both had promised each other that we would never have secrets, but that did not last for long.

 

As years passed, more and more secrets were being revealed, but there were still somethings that remained hidden. I did not find out what they were until Luke and I broke up. Unfortunately, everyday at school, I got told a secret.

 

 

Some girls at school were always jealous of me, as Luke and I were together, but they wanted to be with him as well. That was probably my fault that they hated me, as I always bragged about Luke and myself to them, but I did not care what they thought. Luke and I were always happy; we knew that nothing would ever break us apart, as we were madly in love with each other. Nearly everyday, while, Luke was alone, the other girls - that despised me - would go up to him and demand to know the reason why he would go out with me. Someone as strange as me.

 

I began to get more annoyed with the girls, as they never seemed to get the drift - I was the one for Luke. But as I got more and more annoyed, my body started to feel weird, and all of a sudden, I collapsed. I had no idea why it happened, it just did.

 

I still felt strange. I felt as if my body was ice cold and absolutely frozen. I woke up in the school library, although at first, I thought I was back home. I realised that the librarin must have been the person to notice me and decided to bring me into the library, so that nobody would wonder why I had suddenly collapsed on the floor.

 

The librarian had called the nurse to come see if I was alright, and she thought that I should go home and turn the heater up full. I did as I was told but when I went to turn the heater up, my mum told me not to. I was so confused. I had no idea why she did not want me to do that.

 

My mum realised that I did not understand why I was not to turn up the heater, so she decided to tell me everything. And I mean everything. She told me that we were not really human. I was shocked at this revalation. I could not believe what I had just heard. She told me that everything she said, and was going to say, was true. She showed me as well.

 

My mum made ice shards fly from her hand and I was astounded when she did so. She told me that I could do it as well, and she was right. The first time I gave it a try, it worked. I was so pleased. I wondered why I had never felt this way before and it had been because the powers only awaken when you turn 17, and it had only been 2 days since my 17th birthday.

 

My mum told me that we were called 'Snow Fairies'. I decided to accept that I was not human because I thought that it would be fun to be different from Luke and everyone else. I actually thought the the 'Snow' part aws correct, but I still did not understand why it was 'Fairies' and not something different. I always thought that fairies were just in stories and that they were never anything as cool as a 'Snow Fairy'. She told me that it was because 'Fairies' were kinder and did not scare humans. 'Fairies' always saved or helped humans in stories, so I realised that was why it was 'Snow Fairies'. I kind of liked it, but I was not wanting to chance losing Luke, so I decided that this was the only secret that I would keep to myself.

 

I went back to school the next day, and I realised that Luke was keeping his distance from me. I was not sure, but I thought to myself, that even though I was keeping my true identity a secret from him, maybe Luke was also, keeping a secret from me. In my mind, I could not help but think that, maybe he was seeing someone else, but I knew that he would tell me if he was, at least that was what I hoped he would do. I knew I could trust Luke, but I just could not stand the thought of him being with a different girl. I decided to spy on him, but I knew that he would hate me for doing so, but I could not risk losing him to someone else. Ever.

 

I followed Luke every day. My worst fears had come alive. He was with someone else. I thought Luke loved me. I thought we promised to never have any secrets. Obviously, I was wrong. He as with someone else and he had kept it from me. It serves me right, though, because he is not the only one who has secrets. I have a secret as well. I am a Snow Fairy, not a human.

 

I decided to go home, but not to my human home, to my real home in a different dimension. I was so upset that I did not want to see Luke ever again. He had cheated and lied to me. I could never forgive him. Or could I?

 

It took me sometime to find out where I had truly come from. I asked my mum constantly, until she finally decided to tell me. I asked her if she could take me there. She told me she would. After I had been home for a while, I realised that I had no choice but to just tell Luke everything. I had seen him with another girl and also, I was not human. I knew that I just had to accept the fact that he did not care for me, and that he had only been using me to get to someone else.

 

I approahced Luke and just told him everything I knew. After I did, I just turned and started to walk away but as I did, Luke gently grabbed my arm and stopped me. He told me he was sorry and did not care that I was not a human, as he still wanted to be friends with me. Just friends. I was reluctant in agreeing with him, but eventually, I decided that it was probably the best thing that we just remained friends and only saw each other during school. We were to be friends. Nothing more. Nothing less.

 

Luke must have realised that I still cared for him, because while I was in my real home, he came to see me. I was so surprised that he managed to get there, and I just gave him a big hug. Luke apologised to me again and told me that he knew I still loved him. He also told me that he had never stopped loving me.

 

I asked Luke if he wanted to stay in this dimension and be with me forever. I had a strange feeling that he would rather go back to his home than stay here. To my surprise, he wanted to be with me and he did not care what dimension he lived in, as long as he was with me. My eyes filled with tears of joy. I was so pleased that Luke was going to be with me for the rest of time. There was still one secret that I had kept from him, Snow Fairies could live forever. If we were killed by a different being, we would die. I did not give a damn, as long as Luke was by my side, I would not care.

 

Years passed, Luke and I were still together. Luke was horribly ill, though. I decided to try and make him live forever. I was not sure how to do it though, but I had to try something. I read up on my history and found out something that was quite interesting and could be quite useful in helping me save Luke. I could transfer some, or all, of my powers to him to make him live forever. I decided to give him half of my powers. It was not enough. He was still getting weaker and weaker. I had to do something and I had to do it quickly, as I was not going to lose him. I decided to sacrifice my life to save his. I gave him all my powers. As my powers were disappearing, so was my life. Luke now had all my powers and was alive. I, on the other hand, had sacrificed my life for a human and died, but my life was not in vain. I had died peacefully but happy, as Luke was living a healthy life. I continue to look over him, from this day forward. 

© 2012 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very descriptive, shame they could onlybe friends. Ithought they would be a good match. =(

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

As did I. However, they did finally end up being with each other, but she ended up sacrificing her l.. read more
Tavionna

11 Years Ago

oh, still sad but awesome story.
Base line was not new though but the use of Snow Fairy as a super women was a surprising element.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Thank you, this had been a story that I had done for my English class one year and I thought it was .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A sad love story... It's nice, the story gave a lot of surprises as it went developing. 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012

Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing