Planetary devastation

Planetary devastation

A Poem by Kevin Williams
"

A ballad to an empty world

"
“Have I become blind has the inner eye of my soul lost its power?”
All creatures inhabiting this planet from the glorious green forest, to the boundlessly beautiful oceans and streams have perished. No presences of a powerful force or evidence of a traumatic natural disaster is visible for anyone to distinguish the cause of desolation of the once flourishing earth. All the fields and all the orchards shall go follow as the expiry of animation slowly fades from existence never to reanimate again. The whistling of wind blowing through the eye sockets of skulls and hollow bones as they lay scattered amongst the blood stained terrain forms a pool of blood to cascade down the ravine to flood the river beds. The distilling of the rivers causes the formation of clouds of ruby red which disperses a rosy radiating rain. The deafening sound of the droplets sounded like the thunder on the ground below which has slowly immersed the earth’s resilient shade of blue. The calamity of the Earth’s inhabitants are transparent from the heavens the carnage and destruction has made Mars envious whose dull red deserts pales in comparison to the Earth’s freshly new color of which has become brighter than a freshly ripen Macintosh apple on a nice summer’s day. Serenity has returned to the earth quarantined of the wicked whose sole benefactions are their individual prosperity. Quarantined of the narcissist who selfishly entertain themselves on their own vanity, Quarantined of the boastful whose pride and arrogance have caused millions to be casualties, Quarantined of mankind’s sloth for their inability to pursue matters that didn’t concern them. Quarantined of the lustful whose sexual appetite has provided markets of sex advocates, Quarantined of the envious whose insecurities are inadequate to the prosperity of their races advancement, Quarantined of the unjustifiable wrath of mankind’s destructive anger and hatred to one and another but the best thing eradicated out of the world was the existence of you and your idle tongues for not speaking out against these and similar atrocities you have witness you might as well perpetrated the act because idle eyes and mouth join in consummates with the executioner of felonious acts.

© 2015 Kevin Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 4, 2015