The Doors of Life

The Doors of Life

A Poem by RougeAngel

The weight of my sin was too great for the bedrock of my life to bear.

The ground falls from under me like a trapdoor springing open.

I fall in the darkness for seems like an enternity.

My feet finally touch ground again.

I rise and see before me a door labeled Sin.

I enter.

In the room behind it my life's transgressions play before my eyes.

I pass through the room, consumed by the darkness of my actions.

On the other side is another door marked with Guilt.

I enter.

The walls of the room are lined with photos, reminders of my past errors.

My guilt feels like a lead robe that has been put upon me, its weight threatens to crush me.

I find yet another door, this one identified as Forgiveness.

I enter.

I step into this room and the weight of my guilt and sin forces me to the floor.

On my knees, I beg for pity.

I manage to crawl to the next door, Mercy.

I enter.

Warm sunrays caress my face as I pull myself into the space.

"Rise up! Your debt has been paid by He who went before you. You are forgiven."

Beyond the place of Mercy I see a final set of doors, already flung open wide, Life.

I enter.

With praise and thankfulness I pass through the threshold.

The light radiating from the room bathes me in a secure warmth.

I know that despite myself I am saved by the One who went before me,

He took my punishment and paid the cost.

He leads me to peace.

He leads me to rest.

He leads me to the doors of Life.

 

© 2008 RougeAngel


Author's Note

RougeAngel
yeah i know it isn't really a poem...just writing :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear RougeAngel,

How true is it that we casually enter this door of SIN with an uncaring though of how this will affect us and the ones around us. Even after relishing this room for periods-of-time, we continue to have no remorse.

The door of GUILT has many outlets and keys yet which ones do we choose to unlock and face to alter the course of ruin we willingly choose for others?


Individually, which room is darker and hurts us the most?

FORGIVENESS and MERCY � how these two gateways were chosen for us and what one man journeyed for us alone will never cease to mesmerize and grace my every footstep with Him.

LIFE is the greatest gift we can receive. How we choose to undertake this and utilize it for others (not just ourselves) is how we make this journey prosperous and rich with the faith that He has graciously bestowed upon us�
I feel blessed to have felt your faith poured into words. Thank you for this write.


I hope you may get the chance to view my writes (no review necessary) just to share my faith with you as you have done with me, my friend�


Catechize


Posted 16 Years Ago


I think it is one of the best peices of writing on the walk of christ I have read since the footsteps one. this is very well thought out and has a perfect flow to it. I loved it.


great job!

l8r g8r
-Tao

Posted 16 Years Ago


hmm.. lets see,, yet another deep poem. i like it because your honest, and it sounds so real with the discriptions! its brilliant! i think i might write another one tonight :D you have a hidden talent miss manda!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Don't be so quick to judge. Poetry can be free flow. A rhyme does not a poem make! You have conveyed an excellent story here. I loved your visual imagery. I liked the flow your writing had to it. I liked the way you set the scenes. Very nicely done!

If I might offer two pieces of advice, One: Spellcheck. Two: Enter this in one of the contests in The Cafe. Yes, I liked it that much. I'm certain it would fit into some category for some contest....Again, I loved this! Thanks for sharing this!

Oh, and this is going in my Favorites!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 1, 2008

Author

RougeAngel
RougeAngel

Flaketown



About
I'm a college girl standing on the edge of the real world, caught in limbo between true and semi adulthood. I live my life with passion and hope each day...with passion because that is what i was taug.. more..

Writing
Your Love Your Love

A Poem by RougeAngel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..