Change

Change

A Poem by Rowan Storm

It's amazing how one can change
Single words
One-liners
Now I speak in full sentences
More words
Home-drivers
I don't hurt or hate
I just strive to change
Courage
It's my claim
I still use single words
But not so much
I use them as accents
And not as crutches to carry on

How can I tell someone to change and be true to themselves when it took me years of pain and suffering to be myself?
How can I justify telling someone how their life should be, when more than once I have claimed mine to be a living hell?
How can I tell the girl, who is nearly a woman, that it doesn't end here and it will get better when I can't stand my ground on flat feet?
How can I tell the boy it'll be okay, when his brother and sister are gone, and he struggles with being himself, when I hate myself for being me?
These steps lead me down a winding staircase and I made it to the bottom once and made my way out by letting myself go, and taking the key to finally be free.

No, I don't know what to say.

I don't know what to tell you.

It's not right to promise it'll be okay.

But I know a simple truth.

I felt pain, too.

And I have an open heart for you.

© 2014 Rowan Storm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It requires the stain of pain to feel it in another and know where they are coming from. Your open heart is precisely that way for that reason. You have been there and therefor know the way out for others who are going there too. You do know what to say and it will come to you when you need it most. This was brilliant my friend. Keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am stunned and speechless not knowing what to say except that a tear is rolling out of my eye. All I have is a prayer for you.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014

Author

Rowan Storm
Rowan Storm

About
I'm currently 19 years old as I write this, and I have changed a lot. I'm no longer depressed and hurting. I have a chance at having a genetic disease and dying from kidney failure, but I honestly onl.. more..

Writing
Courage Courage

A Poem by Rowan Storm


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Rowan Storm