Loving oneself

Loving oneself

A Poem by Ralph Rosell
"

What do they mean by loving yourself? Why do I have to love myself first??

"
Loving oneself… Sounds selfish... 
We all go through that phase where we feel the need to love ourselves FIRST in order to finally have the successful loving relationship we always keep dreaming of. 
What does it really mean though? Is it all about finding yourself? 
Who you are and who you want to become? 
Finding inner peace and happiness? 
Nurturing yourself physically, mentally, spiritually and even sexually? 
I guess it’s hard to define just like the word love. 
So let me take that usual cliché step back and ask, 

what is love? 
Is it something we do and feel? 
Is love something we give and receive? 
And is there really any order to it like most of us seem to believe? 
There are a lot of sayings that state that you have to love yourself first before someone else can love you or before you are truly ready to love someone else. 
So what we usually think we need to do is love ourselves first, find THE ONE, give it our all and love them forever until death do us part...? 

The true definition of love is not just something you feel, do, give, or receive. 
I believe that Love is something we remember we are. 
A state of being. 
We are absolute love. 
When we choose to be a loving human being we automatically feel, do, and give happiness to others. 
We fully understand others. 
We share our love with others, in other words, we share what we truly are with others. 
Literally our life and time with the ones we label our ‘’loved’’ ones. 

In essence, when you love someone, it is really only you that receive joy from it. 
Just that heart warming feeling when we give to the less fortunate. 
Seriously, we could be so in love with someone and feel all the butterflies in our stomach without that person even knowing that we love them. 
Just like when we love ourselves, we take care of our own well-being and only we again receive the benefits. 

So there really isn’t any order in who you need to love. 
It is rather more about just YOU and that you have to remember that you ARE LOVE. 
When we become this super entity, we surely become understanding, patient, giving, caring and all those important human characteristics true affection requires. 

So what is love? 
It’s something we choose to become once we understand it. 

© 2015 Ralph Rosell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015
Tags: Love, loving, absolute love, self love, you are love

Author

Ralph Rosell
Ralph Rosell

Oslo



About
My dedications. These poems, quotes even (future) books. My own understandings which I write about. This experience with truth. I share willingly and openly. These words of wisdom are not mine, bu.. more..

Writing