Suspended

Suspended

A Poem by Rudie Rock

Constantly surrounded by the syrupy waters which filled my lungs as I sunk deeper into the sea. The schools of fish passed me by, faded colors of their smooth scales could be seen through my blurred vision. At that moment I no longer felt the same worries as the calm of the water washed over me, cleansing my tired soul. That first second of peace. I wished it could have lasted an eternity. In an instant the moment was gone. 

Freed from the clutches of the current I began to float up higher and higher. Past the creatures big and small, I rose. The sunlight came into view, shining through the waters' surface. The closer I got the faster my heart raced until the point of exploding. My head was first to emerge, coughing up the familiar and taking in a breath of the unknown. The sun warmed my flesh as I floated on top of the waves, drifting further. 

As soon as things started to feel comfortable, back down I fell into the darkest parts of the ocean where I would remain suspended until my anxiety receded once again.

© 2017 Rudie Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 18, 2017
Tags: Anxiety, Ocean

Author

Rudie Rock
Rudie Rock

Canada



About
Still figuring things out. more..

Writing
Encore Encore

A Poem by Rudie Rock


Monster Monster

A Poem by Rudie Rock