Cahill Expressway Ekphrasis

Cahill Expressway Ekphrasis

A Story by Rugz90

A man in a blue suit stands quietly across the road, staring over in my direction. I look around behind myself to find what it is that has captured his gaze, but see nothing worthy of attention. I look back at the man; he does not move; he does not sway even with the wind; he just stands there at the edge of the road. He appears to be mid to late thirties, and is slightly balding. There is just something off about him. He sports a blue suit, the kind a businessman would wear.

 

Around this man lay a brightly coloured city. Dull high rise apartment buildings off in the far distance conflict with the infrastructures radiant brightness. An ominous tunnel lurks behind the man, consuming the brightness from the road and wall. The sun sits high in the sky, projecting it's dominant glow upon the city, while rain clouds sneak in the background. A road bends around, up and above the tunnel and is greeted by a group of statues. A staggered collection of street lights awkwardly stand around the cityscape. A road is guided out of the tunnel by a rough bright yellow concrete wall. There are no people, no cars, nothing, just a large empty city, with a single man standing in front of an abyss.

© 2012 Rugz90


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 3, 2012
Tags: Ekphrasis, Cahill Expressway, Man in Blue

Author

Rugz90
Rugz90

Perth, Australia



About
Student of philosophy, who has absolutely no creative outlet. Trying desperately to find a way to immerse myself in the world of imagination, and to share my own world with others through creative wri.. more..

Writing