Failure and caramel coated popcorn

Failure and caramel coated popcorn

A Story by Russ Teed
"

A one minute yarn about nonsense and Cracker Jacks

"

A savory scent of glorious victory saturated the warm summerlike atmosphere this day. After weeks, nay years, of disciplined training and strategic planning this would undoubtedly be my perennial achievement of king for a day.

 

There I was, nearing my finish line, my goal, my destiny, the almighty grit and brevity I had to conjure to get here. The dedication, wherewithal, and Herculean effort to cast myself into infamy is awaiting my grasp.

 

With one foot across and one foot to follow, an uncalculated flaw threatened my foreordained victory. Then tragedy struck like lightning and my reach for the unreachable star was abruptly ended " the horror, the horror…

 

I had nearly broken my own record of 18 shopping bags transferred from vehicle to home in one carry until my cherished box of Cracker Jacks had dislodged itself from a miscreant plastic bag and it fell to the ground, as did my dream, just millimeters from the very threshold of glory.

 

Crushed and defeated I have only this advice; do not fly too close to the sun on the wings of shopping bag carrying records, there just may be a box of Cracker Jacks there to crush the essence, and soul, of life itself.

 

© 2013 Russ Teed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 20, 2013
Tags: Funny, Humor, Fantasy, Silly, Fiction

Author

Russ Teed
Russ Teed

Cape Cod, MA



About
Aspiring Writer more..

Writing