A Couple of Rookies

A Couple of Rookies

A Story by Ryab
"

A mysterious detective is refused entry to a crime scene...

"
Hey let me through! I'm a detective for gods sake! The well dressed man thrusted his badge towards the two officers. The detective moved to enter the crime scene but once again the officers did not make way. With one hand of each guard at his shoulders, he flashed both men a quick look of scorn with a level of intensity that seemed out of place to the guards. The look faded, he returned the badge back to his trench coat pocket, put his hands against his lower back and with calm in his voice he said "This is my friends home....And I'm a detective... let me through"
Perhaps if the officers were less green they would have noticed the detective was slowly taking his gloves of behind his back."Sir we are not saying you cant enter the room. We understand this must be hard for you but our commissioner is currently examining rooms for evidence and you will have to wait until-" He was interrupted by the clang of metal against metal.
The man had rammed his knuckles together, revealing his smooth reflective hands to the two men. This type of magic is quick, too quick to avoid, and way too quick for officers fresh out of school. Almost all at once, his hands produced a dim blue light that reached out towards the guards, the light touched the bodies of the officers, it grew and took form, a massive blue ethereal hand eclipsed each officer's torso. "Sir what-?!" With a sinister smile, he gestured behind him. The blue ghosts followed the command and hurled the officers in that direction.
He turned around to see they landed at his target. The men landed about a football field away at the other end of the river. They rose with scrapes and bruises and saw their attacker enter the house. "Jesus! Did you see his hands!" "Yeah" "That means he's" "Yeah! I know! " A looming thought entered his brain, "First there was the incident at Walker Highschool, then Dr. Rose dies, and then this guy shows up... It just doesn't feel right. Something big happened... and something even bigger is going to happen."
Just then an idea came to him. Excitement filled his body as he ran toward the police station."Lets go Garisson! I have a plan" Garisson chose to walk instead. "A plan for what?" The distance between them was so great now that Officer Keen needed to almost scream "To show we are more than a couple of rookies!" Garisson stopped walking to quickly contemplate what was just said.He then broke into a pace similar to Keen's.

© 2015 Ryab


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on August 30, 2015
Last Updated on August 30, 2015
Tags: Magic, crime, mysterious

Author