Reality

Reality

A Poem by Ryan

When we were younger we couldn't of had a care in the world. As if all of our mistakes were an unwritten mystery. All of our problems became instantly nonexistent as if they were footprints in the sand washed away by a wave into the sea. All of our doubts and insecurities buried away into a bottom less crack in the universe filled with only our darkest thoughts. But as the years went by the endless hole didn't seem so endless. The footsteps were too far away for the wave to reach and carry out to sea. We start to open our eyes that for some reason were so blind before.
We learn how to stand up straight. How to dress and how to act but then right when they all turn their backs i take off my mask so you can practically see the words and thoughts flying and spinning out of my mind around the room taunting me and even though their backs are turned I can feel them all watching Me and judging me so I try to get away but everywhere I turn is just another unknown destination so I take a take breathe and hold my head high with my mask back on my face and I snap back into reality that I always forget to tell myself that “the only way out is through”

© 2017 Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please comment anything don’t be afraid to hurt my feelings I wanna know what everyone thinks

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2017
Last Updated on August 15, 2017

Author

Ryan
Ryan

Philadelphia , PA



Writing