I looked.....

I looked.....

A Story by Rylie
"

This is what a full moon make me do.

"
Last night, I was drawn outside. I don't know why, but something was pulling me out the door. I went to my car and drove to a secret place me and an old friend used to share before he died. I sat on the trunk of my car, looking up. It was cloudy, so it was pointless. Then I closed my eyes and thought of my dead friend. I watched his murder happen again. You see, we loved each other, but we didn't say so. He wasn't part of the "suitable" crowd you know. He had a lot of friends, but even more enemies. It was the night of a full moon and we were scheduled to meet.
He promised to be my valentine. You see my birthday is Feb. 16. So on the 15th, we were supposed to meet, and celebrate valentines and my birthday, all at one time. We were to meet at this place at midnight, but that was before his step dad found out. As he was running out the door, he was shot. But he kept running to keep his promise. I waited an hour, then two, then three. And at the start of the fourth, I said "hes forgotten me". I wrote him a note, and left his present there. I wanted to turn back but I didn't dare. So I left our special place at quarter past five, Then saw on the news that morning, he was no longer alive. He had died...... I went back to our special place the next night, and left him flowers, and a candle I would light. I lit that candle on the night of every full moon. Until it no longer existed. "I haven't found the strength to replace it yet" I thought. Then I opened my eyes, and there it was. The flowers and candle I had left so many weeks ago. The flowers had been reborn with colors so bright, and the candle shown with a ghostly light. I looked back up, and there was the moon, the same as it had been on that night. I heard his voice fall on the wind. It said "I'm sorry Rylie. I loved you till the end". I started to cry, and as I wiped my eyes, the candle and flowers returned to their current state, dead and dim, it was too late.
I got back in my car and drove till dawn, thinking of him, until he was gone.

© 2011 Rylie


Author's Note

Rylie
R.I.P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 14, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Author

Rylie
Rylie

liberrty, NC



About
I don't know... I'm a mess.... and a college student. more..

Writing
Despiration Despiration

A Poem by Rylie


"Why?" "Why?"

A Poem by Rylie


November 5 November 5

A Story by Rylie