MOTHER EARTH screams her HEART OUT 2 . . . H2O

MOTHER EARTH screams her HEART OUT 2 . . . H2O

A Story by Shri Bala
"

Satire & Awarness

"

MOTHER EARTH screams her HEART OUT 2  . . . H20

                 By Shri Bala

 

Mother Earth comes to Chennai to conduct the audit and her special audit this time is H2O. Let’s go over to the conversation between the auditor and the auditee.

 

Place: Chennai

Date: 15th November 2015

 

H2O welcomed Mother Earth, “Good morning ME, hope you had trouble free journey.”

“Bad morning. Why did you send me boat instead of the usual sedan? Tarpaulin roof was all leaking. I am dripping wet now and you have the audacity to ask me safe journey?”

“Ma’am, I thought a boat will be much safer than a sedan in this weather. Sorry about the tarpaulin, I will setup an enquiry commission headed by a retired judge to audit the purchase of tarpaulin.”

Wiping herself with a towel and ignoring his comment on enquiry commission ME said, “Havoc is your middle name.”

“I don’t understand. What did I do Ma’am?”

“You gave me sleepless nights in Uttarakhand, now Chennai.”

H2O knew he will be taken to task so sought Narada’s help. Equipped to take her head on, gave her slimy look.

“I met Narada on my way up, so don’t give me an ‘I know all’ look. You know me. I am a . . .”

“A strict officer.”

“Yes yes a strict officer.”

“Shall I get you some water and coffee?”

“Get me only coffee I have brought my own water.”

H2O couldn’t control his laughter so he pinched himself and instructed his assistant to get some coffee.

Sipping her coffee ME asked, “Where are the status reports on Velachery, Pallikaranai, Tambaram, Mudichur . . .” The list went on and on. H2O gave all the reports in a jiffy.

“Ok, Let me have a look at these reports alone and will call you if required.

Irate ME summoned H2O after an hour,” No wonder, inner Chennai is flooding, why did you shrink yourself like this.” She showed him the report.

“Ma’am, I didn’t. They did it to me.”

“They mean who?”

“Your children.”

“All are my children flora and fauna of course homo sapiens under fauna. Be more specific.”

“Your children with the sixth sense”

“You mean the homo sapiens, why would they do this, that’s self destruction.”

“Correct its self destruction.”

“I don’t believe you and by the way where is your report on long tank.”

“Long tank means?”

“Do I look like a joker, you moron the horse shoe shaped lake, see this.” She showed him the map and a horse shoe shaped huge lake was in the middle of the city.

“Ma’am, you are having 1905 version map, kindly see the 2015 map in volume one of my report.” He showed her 2015 map. The entire lake was missing in the map instead there were huge building structures.

“I don’t believe you, switch on the Google map and enlarge Chennai.” H2O switched his I pad and showed her the Chennai map.

“See, I told you, Tank bund road and lake view road are all appearing in this map.”

“Ma’am, only the roads are left. Lake has been taken away by them.”

ME screamed, “Who?” 

H2O calmly said, “The species with the sixth sense.”

Annoyed with the gravity of destruction, ME was glaring at the Google map, “I am seeing so many buildings on the marshy land of Pallikaranai, where will my Avian live.”

“Ma’am, can we ask the species with the sixth sense.” At that time there was a knock at the door.

“Who is it? Whoever it may be tell him you are busy.” ME shouted at H2O

H2O came back after attending to the door and said, “Ma’am, the species with the sixth sense is waiting downstairs to see you.”

“How do they know that I have come for audit?” Dumbstruck ME got up from her seat and went near the window. Slightly lifting the curtain she looked down. Several home sapiens were getting down from their SUVs with huge suitcases.

“What are those huge boxes in their hands?”

“Ma’am, those boxes are the reasons for the missing lake and marshy lands. They are called money power or the seventh sense.”

Angered ME could take no more so she screamed,” H2O . . .”

 

We the species with the sixth sense do what we want to do even if we know it’s destruction at our own peril.

© 2015 Shri Bala


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa! A quirky take at the self destruction, we are all indulged in!
I liked the message very much, it is delivered loud enough with candour. But I loved the unique way you put it!
Satire at it's best.
Kudos!
I enjoyed it!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2015
Last Updated on November 24, 2015

Author

Shri Bala
Shri Bala

CHENNAI, TAMILNADU, India



About
Author more..