Trends

Trends

A Poem by Sunny
"

I heard and older woman say something to the effect, "trends are easy to follow, but before you know it everyone is the same, but to have style is a different story." it may not be very accurate.

"
Trends are what we as humans follow.
We are the ultimate 'copy cats'.
we follow and recreate what we see others wear, do, say, etc.

When did we lose our style? 
not just in clothing,
but it who we are?

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
We are made in God's likeness.
so why do we find the need to be like everyone else, to be what He made Them,
rather than what, who, God made us to be?
I want to stop following the trends, but being human will make that difficult.
But I believe it's worth the journey. 
Food for thought.

© 2014 Sunny


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree. I like your thoughts and poetry.
"I want to stop following the trends, but being human will make that difficult.
But I believe it's worth the journey.
Food for thought."
Better to follow the un-marked path than be cattle walking to the butcher. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yes I agree, it is easy to get caught up in all the trends to try and "fit in" or "be cool" but it defeats the purpose in why God made us. God wants His people to stand apart from this world, it is a very hard thing for a human to do, but that is why God is there to help us through it all. I have went through this kind of stage in life, like we all probably have, but I have realized it is not worth trying to be someone you are not, it is much better and more fulfilling to grow each day and be what God wants us to be.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sunny

9 Years Ago

Thank you Peace Keeper! I really appreciate you'r review! :)
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

9 Years Ago

^^ You're welcome
Interesting read,and philosophy, I liked its.unusual structure too, which broke normal trends of poetry,
thankyou for sharing Emily

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sunny

9 Years Ago

Thank you..... But I'm Sunny, Not Emily
hardeep sabharwal

9 Years Ago

Yes, I know, rr was sent by emily :)
I like this Sunny. You are a philosopher and your analysis is enjoyable reading. Thanks for sharing. Thought provoking stuff.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love this so much Sunny!!! This helped me a lot since I tend to copy others when I'm not comfortable with myself... Great job with this!!! One of my favorites :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunny

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kieta! I'm glad you enjoyed this! :D
An interesting and pointed commentary. The obsession to ape the popularized image of beauty is stripping people of their unique beauty. Have you noticed that all the celebrities seem more and more to look alike? All uniqueness is surgically removed.

The saying you were looking for is actually defining the difference between fad and style. I learned it back when I was studying for my undergraduate degree in Fashion Design. Trends are things like hemlines and silhouettes. Fads are usually short-lived, often extreme expressions of trends. Style is more permanent and more personally unique.


Posted 9 Years Ago


What fun is it being like everyone else? :)
You're not like everyone else on the inside so why fake the outside?
Thought provoking!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Loved the concept! You are bringing out a good point.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014

Author

Sunny
Sunny

Writing
Who do you tell Who do you tell

A Story by Sunny


my sweet love my sweet love

A Poem by Sunny


Abuse Abuse

A Poem by Sunny



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..