A Bird In The Hand

A Bird In The Hand

A Poem by Sparrow
"

Since the slipup with deleting everyone's work (grrr!) I haven't been movitvated to write much so i figured I'd see if I could get the ball rolling again with this. It's no masterpiece but at least it's something.

"

Lonely as ever

Colder than never

I trusted you

One of the few

Prying in a step

My heart had just leapt

I stalled and I sputtered

Weighing everything you uttered

But I took a chance

And so the Dance

Twirling around and round

you saw my back

and the heart that you lack

And couldn't resist

 curling your fist

Groping the blade

Your character well played

© 2008 Sparrow


Author's Note

Sparrow
Please be honest, I know it's not magnificent or anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is wonderfully minimalist with excellent imagery instantiated in the language. I'm able to grasp your meaning, and the rhythm plucks like a string instrument. That is my most honest remark on your piece, and your honesty in prose is what makes you magnificent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This piece has a lot of potential. Try breaking up the lines so that the rhymes aren't all "end rhymes". Break the lines at more surprising places and don't force so many hard rhymes. Try half-rhymes like "despair" and "imperative" There are many more ways to work in meter and rhyme than making them obvious at a line break. Still, content wise, it's a good setting, and I'm mostly intrigued by the title and its relation to the piece. Meditate on that and approach the poem again. Good work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 12, 2008

Author

Sparrow
Sparrow

Statesville, NC



About
Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I've checked in but it's good to be back reading everyone's very talented writing. more..

Writing
Incoming!! Incoming!!

A Poem by Sparrow