Coffee and Cigarettes

Coffee and Cigarettes

A Poem by TwistedWonderland
"

Just some writing.

"

I love the smell. I love the memories associated with them. I love the taste in my mouth and on my hands. I love the way it consumes me.

Coffee, the smell of the fresh brew on a Sunday morning. Coffee running warm down my body. Coffee, picking me up when I’m feeling down. Coffee, my substitution for alcohol. Coffee, my shaky hands, and racing thoughts when I drink too much. Coffee and the anxiety that consumes me.

Cigarettes and the smell. Fresh from your mouth and stale when I close those books. Cigarettes and the pack a day my father would smoke. Cigarettes and the males in my family. Cigarettes when I’d kiss him. Cigarettes when I’d feel his scruff run up and down my teenage body. Cigarettes when I went home that night. Cigarettes and how you wrap yourself around my heart and consume what is left of me.

Coffee and cigarettes and the future I’ll surely have with you. Coffee and cigarettes and the late nights we’ll continue to have. Coffee and cigarettes with the best person I know. Coffee and cigarettes help me when I’m alone.

© 2012 TwistedWonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

they some how both go together.
Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012
Tags: Coffee, Cigarettes, Him, Personal

Author

TwistedWonderland
TwistedWonderland

San Antonio, TX



About
Summer Rayne. Vegetarian. Pansexual. 16. Atheist. Cats. Zombies. more..