only phalen reads this.

only phalen reads this.

A Poem by Safrina

Why did my hair burn, foreign flower? And the starving artist in my kitchen tells me, i know what you mean, when you says "banana shaped heart", you mean rind, holding your head in a drivers licence.

He was thinking of dissipating, holding on to my sternum, something ocean sized. I tell him i am thinking, i want to be so thin i am a house, apartment complex, an array of straws on a hanger. It was 1982 and i met my husband at the bottom of a jam jar. He told me to be a nebula and fill my heart; teeth; living room chair with gold.Though all i was a shed of skin on a eyelash, a police officer's right hand tracing the trees.

© 2010 Safrina


Author's Note

Safrina
because love can pull you through even these things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"He was thinking of dissipating, holding on to my sternum, something ocean sized."
What always impresses me about great poetry, is how it can say something so involved and profound and use phrases in unique ways, but there's some kind of casual voice and subtle intonation, and it's so warm and inviting you just wanna stay there and let it sink in and watch it slowly melt down your tongue and into your throat and warm your belly..
and you can read it periodically and notice how its universal meanings have traversed your experience
yep, that's great poetry, my brilliant partner

Posted 13 Years Ago


The driver's license part reminds me of worries. the stupid, silly little worries, you know? then you grow up, or just simply grow older, and those worries become laughable.

you might want to change who you are, but you know he always says in his own way to just be yourself.

the "police officer" part made me think of a cop sitting on the side of the road, waiting to bust someone for speeding.
so it's like...waiting.

I hope you know that I'm fascinated by your writing. it might confuzzle (I've been wanting to use that word for the longest time! =D) the living daylights out of others, but to me it has a real sense of being.

and I've made a fool out of myself, as usual.

oh, and now you have to change the title. =D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 5, 2010
Last Updated on September 5, 2010

Author

Safrina
Safrina

Birmingham, United Kingdom



About
kisses on the neck and writing rules my life and determinsim is a b***h but me and her made a deal so it's all good now. in fact, shes doing a lot of great things for me. Take down the lo.. more..

Writing
amy amy amy amy amy amy

A Poem by Safrina


six things six things

A Poem by Safrina