The things I do during a nervous breakdown.

The things I do during a nervous breakdown.

A Poem by Safrina

Stand howling and write love letters to your uterus,  I want to tell you, autumn has a lot of wounds and i want to tell my hair to not open as a purse.

Press your back and fall onto your heart backwards. Open like a purse. You open like a purse. And sometimes,
your neck reaching
onto the minnow, is a little laughable.
They ask me if my dad was a swallow or dove.
I do not know.
I have wounds.

I will somehow become the edge of a cliff. And then i unravelled, my bones were once
a skirt.
My skin was a baby.
I unravelled
and my nervous breakdown met my kitchen, the moon,
my shaking kitchen is a leaf. I may
not be the delicate veins, nor must i be a
eyelash but i tell myself
that if i fall backwards
 onto my heart,
and if love shhhh's me, my open hearted purse,
i can sleep.

© 2010 Safrina


Author's Note

Safrina
Recently, little tremors have hurt me and the one i love. but i have been getting better and this poem is a huge step for me. i am slowly, letting go and learning all about love but round 2 this time and my god, it is beautiful.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is unconventional, but here's my advice to anyone reading this:

Read it over and over again and resist the urge to force your brain to reach conclusions about its meaning. Keep reading it and visualizing it and I guarantee, that if you do this, fractal imagery will unravel and swim so deep into your soul that an insightful review will rise to the surface like the Loch ness monster to an Irish farmer on vacation.

So yea, I could sit here and point out sections that go together and/or stand alone and deserve obvious amounts of recognition and praise, but I'd rather inspire someone to express something in response.

Yes I made the conscious decision to review this way Because I'm proud of you as much for going to and getting to the places this poem explores as I am w/ of your skill in writing it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i dig it so much disstress during writing is what i feel, makes it jumpy but in a good way, heart like a purse briliant idea

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have made some amazing poetry with these words, wonderful surprising images.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you for explaining this, falling back into yourself explains better the references to the 'open purse'. I do love your stuff very much, beautiful ideas, very personal, feel privileged to share it. You’re just one of a kind.

I enjoy your talent, marvel at it, and I think maybe if you explained some of your writings more, not literally every line but the general gist, you'd find more people telling you how wonderful your work actually is, because it is, did I say that? Tis' wonderful, well good, yeah. Explain more, you need to hear what people think about your posts on here! I think as they stand unsure they don’t comment because they don’t want to be wrong. So explain, you need the feedback! And more people need to discoverr youuu!!!


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this, it's so beautiful, the repeated 'I have wounds' and the reference to your Dad? Uncertain but it’s a painful one?

True it's hard without discussing your work with you to decipher everything within this, because that's just your style, but the feeling it gives when read is the most important and I feel uncertain, my skin feels raw, I feel like my mind is pacing but stings in the 'I'm too tired to be up at this hour' way, feel like you're almost trying to talk your way through something but never quite convince yourself, perhaps the erratic images and ideas do that. I don't know, please talk to me about this one! I want to hear the meanings! lol


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is unconventional, but here's my advice to anyone reading this:

Read it over and over again and resist the urge to force your brain to reach conclusions about its meaning. Keep reading it and visualizing it and I guarantee, that if you do this, fractal imagery will unravel and swim so deep into your soul that an insightful review will rise to the surface like the Loch ness monster to an Irish farmer on vacation.

So yea, I could sit here and point out sections that go together and/or stand alone and deserve obvious amounts of recognition and praise, but I'd rather inspire someone to express something in response.

Yes I made the conscious decision to review this way Because I'm proud of you as much for going to and getting to the places this poem explores as I am w/ of your skill in writing it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Safrina
Safrina

Birmingham, United Kingdom



About
kisses on the neck and writing rules my life and determinsim is a b***h but me and her made a deal so it's all good now. in fact, shes doing a lot of great things for me. Take down the lo.. more..

Writing
amy amy amy amy amy amy

A Poem by Safrina


six things six things

A Poem by Safrina