Life is an RPG

Life is an RPG

A Story by Sahil
"

It is a essay comparing how life is basically an role playing game, it does contain a lot of gaming references

"

Just like any RPG we begin with the toughest, challenging and crucial section, ‘Character Creation’. Its so challenging that most of us take a whole 9 months to get it just right. Some of us use our skill points in ‘Strength’, others in ‘Intelligence’ some like me even forgo some points in ‘Charisma’ to have a bit more intellect, it makes the early game a lot harder but makes up for it in the mid game, we gamers love a good starting challenge, don’t we? Then comes the select the name phase, fortunately there is no ‘This username is already taken please try again’.

Then comes the game famous grind to level up, like any other early game the starting skills; learn to walk; learned to talk; learned to be semi-dependent; are easy to unlock and happen relatively quickly. As they are purely EXP dependent and not gold; and require a meagre amount EXP; they happen very quickly.

 

Fast Forward couple of levels,

Current Level : Level 16 , Class Amateur

 

By now you have unlocked some achievements like ‘Make a friend’, ‘Join a clan’(maybe), ‘Not Die’, ‘Finished the tutorial’. Now you are dropped into the game world with a bit of handholding, here is the stage where you start crafting your own lore, and your skill tree and deciding on which class you want to pursue. Do you want to be a Medic? Warrior? Priest? Rogue? El Presidente?

 

 

Now comes what every RPG game is famous for ‘Quests’. So, the priority quest number 1 throughout the game is ‘NOT DIE’ well cause unlike Mario you don’t get 3 lives, but like Mario do get some shrooms, but we will come to that later. So, you start on with the basic quests ‘Pass an exam’, ‘Get a good grades’, ‘Finish the assignment’ and so on. Some additional side quests which are not important to main story line also include ‘Try not be Salty’, ‘Avoid being a d****e’.

 

This is usually the hardest level for people like me who forgot to level up “Charisma’ along their journey. This where you get the holy grail of all achievements ‘Get a Girlfriend’ while most of us do well in the initial stages but we get stuck in ELO hell that we call ‘Friendzone’. To be honest man there is no right way to get out of this one, you just have to keep trying.

 

A few side quests later……..

 

Now you are level 21 Gamer, and you have just unlocked some new skills and places you can go to. By now you have moved out of your starting place, venturing out into the wilderness trying to experience the game the way it is meant to be played all filled with energy and enthusiasm.

 

Now this stage is tricky, here even though you level up each year doesn’t guarantee a stat change. To get those sweet stat upgrades you got to complete those quests man, ‘Get a Job’, ‘Buy a Car’, ‘Buy a house’. Here is where your gold generation comes into the picture, some are already equipped with those sweet pre-order bonuses, if you didn’t get the pre-order then u got to do it the old fashion way, ‘Grind’.

 

This ‘Grind’ is no longer a single player game. It is like finishing a FPS Story mode to find out the real game was something else all along and you might suck at playing the real game. Now you in the Multiplayer, fast paced, MOBA. This time the grind is messy, it is filled with AFKS, trolls, cheaters, Flamers, people who are bad at the game or it just be a bad day for the other player. But you can’t let those upsets hold you down, you got to keep grinding.  Not every attempt is guaranteed to give you a win but it’s important to give it your all for a chance to win, because you have to play to win and not play to loose.’

 

As it is the middle part of the story, this is where things get interesting, you have twists, heartbreaks, miracles, comeback moments, tilt this is where you got to keep it together and keep going

 

 

Well this is what I can tell you from my experience,

But what do I know about intricate mechanics, different build orders and strategies.

I am just a Level 22, Engineer

Status: ‘Searching for player 2’

© 2017 Sahil


Author's Note

Sahil
What can i do to connect more with the audience ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on October 18, 2017
Last Updated on October 18, 2017
Tags: games

Author