Girl, Thy name is Average.

Girl, Thy name is Average.

A Story by SaintCory
"

Feel good about yourselves.

"
There was a girl once, you see, and this girl was in high school- yea, right, she was in high school, and she was just like every other girl the way she wore makeup and the way she wore nice clothes and the way she wore her long blonde hair, and never did anyone notice her- how could they? She wasn't in any way special (at least apparently). Of course the Hairy boy noticed her, always he noticed her, but no one payed any attention to the hairy boy (which quite honestly was amazing; he was covered in hair from head to toe) so who cares, right?  
Well one day this girl, this girl average decides that "Hey, f**k this s**t, I want to be different" or something like that. So the next day she goes to school with no makeup man, and wow, the reaction she got- none. No one noticed. It broke her heart. Well, of course the hairy boy noticed, he stopped her and with a smile asked "Don't you usually wear makeup? Anyway, you look nice" still smiling. 
"What, oh, I don't care". 
He walked away, smiling completely genuinely. In a further attempt to be noticed, she went home that night and decided that tomorrow, she wouldn't wear her nice expensive clothes. Rags she though, nothing but rags. And rags she wore my friends, rags she wore. But once again, no one noticed. Well, of course Hairy boy noticed, but who the f**k cared about him? He stopped and said(with a smile, of course) "Hey, that isn't what you usually wear. But I like it." 
"Keep stepping, freak" said she in the rags. 
And step he did, always with a smile on his face. 
That night, this girl flipped her s**t. "Different, different, different, how to be different" I bet she thought over and over that night. 
"This is ridiculous, why is no one noticing me? The only thing i haven't changed is my ha-" She brushed her hang over her scalp. 
Oh, s**t.
The next morning she walked right into school, head shaved, rags, no makeup. And people noticed. But not like she was hoping for.
"Holy f**k, look at that!"
"Are you retarded or something? HAHAHAHAHAHA."
"CANCER CANCER CANCER" (Which frankly is insensitive no matter what, when used as an insult or possibly an attempt at giving one cancer)
Of course, this girl by name of Average got right to crying.
"F**k, f**k, f**k" I bet she though.
Curled up next to a wall in the hall she cried, and the hairy boy walked right past her, saying nothing. Once again, her s**t was flipped.
"Why aren't you saying anything to me about my hair?!" She sobbed towards him, grabbing at him maniacally, frantically, and other such synonyms for "crazily."
He stepped back surprised, calmed down quickly, and smiled. He put is hand on the back of her neck, pulled her closer, and the hairy boy, he kissed her disgusting crew cut.
"I didn't notice" He said with a smile that never required him to part his teeth.

© 2011 SaintCory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on October 11, 2011
Last Updated on October 11, 2011

Author

SaintCory
SaintCory

Tacoma, WA



About
I am 18 years of age, heading into college, and want to grow as a writer. I love the beat generation and love Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Hunter S Thompson, Charles Bukowski, Chuck Pa.. more..

Writing
Pin Stripes Pin Stripes

A Story by SaintCory