Dog Day Afternoon

Dog Day Afternoon

A Story by Saint

NO!!

She just left me!

What did I do? Things were so perfect. How could I have not seen this coming??

We were so right for each other, from the very beginning. My whole family could see it, and I was obviously lucky enough for her to pick me.

Things were so great.

What happened?

All I can do is sit here in my own dejected silence.

I'm about to cry.

Things seemed ok, I didn't even know there was a problem, now she's gone from my life forever.

She just up and walked out the door, didn't even give me a chance to follow her. Now I don't know what to do with myself.

I'm gonna tear this place apart!

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll get rid of everything that reminds me of her. She's done with me? Well, then I'm done with her. I'll rip this and tear that, throw that to the ground.

I'll scratch her scent right out of this couch if I have to!

WHYYY??!!??

God, I miss her so bad. I used to just sit and watch her sleep, or even sleep with her. Just being close was enough for me. Or when I was feeling playful or in a good mood I'd kiss her all over to wake her up.

We used to go on walks around the block, just talking and looking at the kids playing and having fun.

We'd play games, I'd chase her around the room and we'd collapse on the couch laughing.

It's all over now, how did this come to be? Did I do something wrong? Was I not able to make her happy?

Doesn't matter now anyways, I'll never know what happened between us.

Maybe I didn't do enough for her? I could give her the basic things she wanted, but looking back, maybe she was always giving me the things I needed.

Was there something I could have done different?

Would that have helped?

All I can do is stare at the front door. I don't even have the energy to get off the floor, I'm such a wreck. She was my whole life and now she's just gone!

Maybe I'll just kill myself. But not in a bad way. Just stop eating, food won't really taste like anything without her anymore anyway.

Goodbye cruel world. I'm done with you!

Put that in your bowl and...

Wait!...

What was that?

She's... she's at the door!

*Door opens and She steps through*

She's back! Oh Happy Day!! I'm about ready to just jump on her! Hehe, she's laughing again. Oh I didn't ever think I could be this happy again, oh I could just "BARK BARK!"

"Whoa, easy boy, I was just gone for a couple minutes."

Oh right, like I can tell time. What's wrong with you anyway. Come on, let's go sit on the couch and cuddle.

"Honestly, you'd think that dog would be able to let me take out the trash without thinking I'd be gone for good. Come 'ere you silly pup!"

© 2010 Saint


Author's Note

Saint
Written July 17th, 2004.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice one. You got me laughing. After the first few lines i though it would be some sort of stereotypical "she left me" whining but i was happily surprised to see that wasn't the case. Instead it was intelligent and twisty piece of fiction. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 12, 2010
Last Updated on June 12, 2010

Author

Saint
Saint

Sacramento, CA



About
The best way to learn what there is to know about me is to ask. Is it better to be taught, or to be experienced? more..

Writing
Cookie Monsters Cookie Monsters

A Story by Saint