The Blind Man's wish

The Blind Man's wish

A Story by ScarlettTheDreamer
"

A man learns from God what life really is.

"

Once there lived a man called Pierro. He had money enough to live a happy and healthy life. But luck turned its back on him. He lost his eye sight when he was twenty. He didn't know what he would do for the rest of his life without his eyes to see. One night, in his dream, God came and said to him, "My son, you have been good all your life. I want to give you a gift. I will grant you the vision to see just one thing in life. If you choose your wife, you will be able to see her but not anything else. If you choose gold, you will see the gold and nothing else. Choose wisely"and disappeared.

  Pierro thought what he'd ask for. He loved his family. He loved the stars. He loved the roses. But what he loved most was God Himself. So he sat up in bed, raised his arms to the sky and prayed, "Oh mighty Lord! I only wish to see you!" and the next minute the miracle happened. No, he did not see the God, but he regained his vision. That is when he realised, God is everywhere. Everything is but God itself.

   The next day, when he was walking down the streetts, he saw not only merry and joy, but also the sadness and desperation. He asked the God, "Oh Lord! why such pain and torture admidst the happiness?" and God said "Let me tell you two stories. tell me which one you would like to hear. Once there lived a rich man with all the wealth one could wish to get. He lived a long and happy life. And the next is about a poor man who faced a lot of obstacles. Which story would you hear about or which one of these would you read on writers cafe?" and the man said, "defenitely the second one." God asked him why for which he replied, "The first man had not a single worry or pain. His life was vague and empty. But the second man had courage, he struggled to become someone graet. That is why" and God said, "there lies your answer. If you had only seen happiness in life, you no longer remember the beauty of it. You lose yourself and break down. That is why I give you tests to always keep you hoping and to write a great story." and Pierro thanked the God and went away.

  Always remember all our lives are stories in the book of God. Don't just read through them, learn from them. Keep the faith. We're all in this together. 

© 2010 ScarlettTheDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for this positive story. It holds great wisdom. I wrote one similar to this one years ago. Your story is more powerful. The wise words to look for the good in this world and be thankful. God is is all things is great way to understand and appreciate life. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great spiritual stuff...I love spirituality man..Post more stories like this, i will forward them to my friends who are also interested in spirituality..Great going!!!All the best.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

ScarlettTheDreamer
ScarlettTheDreamer

Chennai, India



About
Hi! I am a crazy dreamer. I write simply because I love it. I believe that there's really no meaning to life, and its stupid to go about finding one. One day you're here, one day you're gone. One day .. more..

Writing