The predator myself

The predator myself

A Poem by SjoMC
"

This is a surrealist automatic writing.

"

The predator, mmm the predator myself. Should I sit in lowly shame to my nature? Should I aspire to a loftier vegan goal? Have you ever killed? have you ever ate the flesh of a creature you killed have you ever breathed deep and embraced the power that is your inheritance as the greatest predator on earth? I cannot look away I cannot be ashamed. It is not that I relish pain it is simply to stifle this nature within me would be a lie, modern life is so often a lie. Do I know what it is to be human? Have I built a fire and stared into its glory and known that it was a sign of my power, power and dominion. Have I walked in the untamed places in the depth of night when it was 0 degrees out side and beheld my breath in the moonlight and knew that I was strong and could cross the desolation alone because in truth we are the most feared creature on earth. That Fear of me that would protect me nothing else, I have not brute force I have only the myth of humanity only the knowledge of how to act. Insecurity comes to those who do not know their power, with insecurity comes panic. In the panicked crowed there is were we commit horror. My heart breaks for the panicking my heart breaks watching people behave like panicked desperate prey rushing threw the woods smashing each other into trees  crushing one another underfoot. The panic is a lie. The desperation is a lie, it is false its from people saying don't run, don't run! don't push, don't jump, Don't walk in the night!  don't climb, don't eat, do eat, Don't hunt! Don't Plant! Don't build!  law law rule rule rule rule ruling rule pay this buy that fear fear fear fear you are weak you are needy you are needy needy law law rule rule bend your mind bind bind. Then the tethered animal is helpless and desperate then he bites the hand. Luckily I had hands and I untied the chain and walked into the wild dark out to the unknown were all the civilized feared to go. When I had nothing I was no longer wanting. 

© 2016 SjoMC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016

Author

SjoMC
SjoMC

IL



About
I am an artist I paint, do small sculpture, jewelry, and some costume work. I grew up in rural Western S. Dakota. After high school I spent four years on active duty in the US ARMY, then moved on .. more..

Writing
Idels Idels

A Poem by SjoMC


Dance Naked Dance Naked

A Poem by SjoMC


American HWY American HWY

A Poem by SjoMC