My child

My child

A Poem by Salmah Vawda
"

Advice to those who feel out of place in this world

"
Not everyone can feel with the intensity that you do, my child. Not everyone's bones come alive with the sound of raindrops. Not everyone's heart beats for the sake of others, not everyone loves with the fire of a thousand white suns. Your hands may be but little, carry the weight of struggles so large. But despair not, my child, for your heart may be but little, yet they too carry dreams so big. You say you not like the rest, child, you say no one understands you. But you see you weren't built like the rest, child, you carry stars in your eyes. So worry not when they stand from afar and stare, for the radiance of your light is something not everyone can bear. Those who cannot see the colours of the rainbow dance on the corners of a smile, will tell you the world exists in black and white, pay heed to them not. For those who cannot see the thousand worlds that lay beyond ours, will tell you it does not exist. They will tell you that you got your head in the clouds, that you should sink back to reality, but with your head below the clouds child, you would not see the beauty of the galaxy. Loving too much would get you hurt they say, love with every beating vein anyway, for our purpose in this life is to feel child, the truth is the only way. Trusting too much will ruin you they say, trust without a brush of regret anyway, for the One Above you place your trust in, will never fail to show you the way. It matters not what you're passionate about child, only that you are. When someone tells you to set your feet on the ground child, not to love, to hope, to dream, that your heart was only built for your chest, smile and turn the other way child, for they no not of the wings that lay beneath your breast.

© 2015 Salmah Vawda


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Salmah Vawda
Feedback on this extract. Constructive criticism and compliments

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015
Tags: different, unique, advice, beauty