Wawa: Love and Memories

Wawa: Love and Memories

A Story by Melissa

 Wawa. Most know it as a convenience store that can be considered nothing more than, well, convenient. But I think otherwise. And I think everyone who has the pleasure (and fortune, those out of the tri-state area aren't quite as lucky) of living near a Wawa should think otherwise as well.

Where else can you order a turkey, lettuce, tomato with oil, vinegar, mustard, and "a little bit of" mayo on a touch-screen computer at 3 a.m.? I think that far surpasses convenient. 

And who was there for you during that heat wave when you would sacrifice your firstborn for an ice cold mix of cherry, blue raspberry and coca-cola slushy? Psh, convenient is an understatement. 

Besides the cheap, great tasting food/beverages/snacks,etc., Wawa holds many memories for many people. Or at least for me. 

Once upon a time, probably in the year 1995, an second grade class was discussing the events of their weekends. Upon being called on by the teacher, one nervous little girl twisted her curls in her fingers and began;"My mommy needed bread and milk, so we went to the Wee-Wee!" Precious. 

The night before my little sister was born (it was a planned caesarean section) my family sat around the table eating dinner when I made an observation that this would be the last time it would be just the four of us at the dinner table. And take a wild guess where dinner was purchased from? You got it. The good ol' wee-wee. 

And you cannot honestly tell me that you don't have memories there. That it was the first store you went to by yourself (it's walking distance). Or the first time you bought a condom (just to see what it looks like). Perhaps Wawa is even more monumental to you, maybe you had your first kiss there or something. Probably not, though.

Wawa is also a place of reunion. It's a place you can go where you know you'll see a friend from high school, your mom's personal trainer, your old babysitter, your pyscho ex-boyfriend. Bored? Go hang out in the parking lot! You can't go wrong. Just don't do it too often, it's weird.

Bottom line: Wawa is our friend. Wawa is always there for us. Road trips, in your lunch box at school, when you have the munchies, when you need a drink or a carton of cigarettes, when you have a craving for milano cookies or you NEED A FREAKIN BAG OF HOT FRIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, Wawa is there.

In fact, I might go right now. Peace.

© 2008 Melissa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can honestly say I'd never even heard of a Wawa before I read this (don't shoot!). I can also honestly say I wish I'd been to one, lol. I mean, ordering a sammich at 3 am via touch screen? That's pretty fantastic! As is this story. Full of personal memories and short funny quips, it was super entertaining! Loved it :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have a way of telling stories. Very entertaining. Wawa is alot like Walmart.......but seems stores like that are in the Midwest.

And who was there for you during that heat wave when you would sacrifice your firstborn for an ice cold mix of cherry, blue raspberry and coca-cola slushy? Psh, convenient is an understatement.

that part made me laugh :)

great story you are very funny

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like how you break your essay down into specific moments. You could actually make it even longer if you wanted, and add some details to heighten the humorous tone.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2008

Author

Melissa
Melissa

Manalapan, NJ



About
I like to write. And I like my writing to be funny, honest, just genuine. more..

Writing
Old Hollywood Old Hollywood

A Story by Melissa


Them Them

A Story by Melissa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..