Fast-flowing Headspace

Fast-flowing Headspace

A Poem by Samthepostman
"

Troubled mind thrashing like rapids

"

My mind is similar to white water rapids.


Firstly timid water, speckled with the gleaming reflection of the Sun, who’s warmth and eternal happiness punctured through the ozone to heat my loveless exterior.


Overarching ferns form a canopy that represents a sudden imaginative migraine. Darkness. Cold water dashes on my body. Shivers up my spine are the grotesque monsters of my mind grasping, strangling my spine, using it to rattle my body. The cheerful bulb is switched off. Descent is near.


White water is the washing machine-like motion in which my thought mimic. A downwards spiral that I struggle to get out of. Rocks within the water batter and bruise, each thump a jealous or self loathing image. Visibility of injury does not mean pain is not present.


After chaos on such a gargantuan scale, the calm should follow. The river is meant to smooth out, relax , revive and reinvigorate. I am trapped within a vicious cycle of dark and turbulent; will the storm ever pass? Will the surface of my thoughts settle? Will the sun grant reflection of my smile once again?

© 2018 Samthepostman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on March 7, 2018
Last Updated on March 7, 2018