Urine and the Apple Juice

Urine and the Apple Juice

A Story by Sam Teague
"

More stuff I wrote on a recent Vyvanse binge

"

There’s a lot of argument when I write.  I make a point, and then I argue it.  I am one-sided about nothing.  I warn you, complete indecisiveness is no good quality.  It just annoys people.  That’s why I can accept a label by no political parties.  I’m worried about urine in my apple juice.  An older white woman, maybe the owner of a local café, sees me walk into her diner.  She sees my Obama t-shirt and whispers under her breath, “Damn college students think they know everything.  They haven’t seen s**t.”  This brings me over to a new point.  It seems to me that old people, the ones who saw a world war or the great depression, would be very anti-war.  They probably had a family member or close friend die overseas fighting.  They shouldn’t wish that on anyone else.  Or maybe that’s why they’re pro-war.  They want to see the evil oppressors fall, because other oppressors took the lives of their friend and laughed about it.  It seems that young people would be pro-war instead.  You’ll pay me to fly somewhere with a gun and play GI Joe?  Thank you, sir.  However, the young people don’t want war.  They don’t want to be pushed onto a battlefield with no combat experience to teach them what to do in an unthinkable event.  They don’t want to be taken from their cushy classrooms and rolled over the side of a boat with a fresh hole in their head.  They want to live and love.  They want to grow old.  With the bleakness of our future, why not sign up to carry a gun and shoot people.  Maybe those people have the secret to survival.  If they refuse to share, we will push them into the sandbox and laugh as the other kids are impressed by our power.  We will raise our fists and pound our chests.  We win.  What do we win?  Land?  Oil?  Bloody hands and mentally unstable returning troops with fresh drug addictions?  Missing limbs?  We win.  We get the belt.  Next year, we walk into the ring heads held high.  In the red corner is the new challenger.  If they lose nobody will be surprised.  You’re just another dead at the hands of the greatest.  If you win?  Immortality and immunity.  For many years, no soul will cross your path.  They will all bow down in respect.  Until you turn around or try to tie your shoelace.  Then they will pounce.  If reincarnation is real, then this fight can never end.  We are just recycled.  Maybe one day, the Earth will get tired and kick the bucket.  Now we are back to the Genesis, but it looks more like a Revelation.

© 2010 Sam Teague


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing has a strong voice and a strong message. A good combination. Too few people these days "argue points" with themselves. Maybe a little more reflection would go a long way.... maybe strong writing like this will help it.
Well done piece, thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I dont know. I wrote this in a very weird state. One day I will be back to normal and my writing will be back to the funny things it used to be in our former life, Amber

Posted 14 Years Ago


This seems to be like Lord Of The Flies. I like it ...erm....Sam. And youre right...theres war....its a necessary evil, I dont know anyone in particular who likes it...but it is.



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 4, 2010
Last Updated on February 4, 2010

Author

Sam Teague
Sam Teague

Nashville, TN



Writing