We never love after all.

We never love after all.

A Story by SamTunis
"

It's a tought.

"

How come I never write any happy thoughts ? I just guess it’s the bad ones that make the biggest impact. I guess sadness is a bigger drive than happiness.

Let us get to it.

I think that people are just very ungrateful by nature. They are very selfish too.

There is only one person , one  thing you love, that is yourself. You might give me a long list of names of people followed by their philanthropic actions of self-sacrifice and I still won’t be convinced

The reason is simple,  those people are rare to find, that is why you probably know their names

Back to my topic.

Instead of just proving the imperfections of the opposite way of thinking , let me just demonstrate how accurate and logical mine is.

First, let’s analyses what it’s like to love a person. We love people ( parents, siblings, friends, lovers..) because they satisfy our ego and confidence. I am not talking about having crushes , or believing you’re friends with someone, because that’s irrational. I’m talking about the time where you really feel in love or in the center of a stable human relation. Then and there , you think you love whereas you actually do not. The other person you think you love, will actually try to comfort your sadness, eliminate it , cheer you up when you’re feeling down. They will try their best to make you a happy person, to complete you, because subconsciously, they want to keep the relationship fresh with you in the hope you would offer the same service they’re offering you. Why ? The answer is easy: they love themselves, we love ourselves, I love myself.

I love my sister, unconditionally, with no barriers: infinite limitless love. Oh, then why does she do her best to make me cry when we fight? Oh, there goes one of the first limits. It is as if she would just throw the most hurtful things she could say then , to make me sad and wounded . She would say anything to beat me in a war of words, to stab me the best way she can , leave me alone with no consideration of who’s right and who’s wrong, and as a result with no apology. It is because I stopped offering her my services for a few minutes, then she would defend herself, because she loves herself, because when she says “I love my little bunny sister more than anything in the world”, she forgot to mention her own self.

 

As I am writing this, I received a message from my boyfriend, I replied I loved him too . How perfect are we at lying.

 

© 2015 SamTunis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this new perspective, as I am rather pessimistic myself. This view actually makes complete sense to me, I am glad someone said something, even if you do not truly believe it yourself. This really made me think, bravo! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SamTunis

8 Years Ago

thank you very much, i appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on June 12, 2015
Last Updated on June 12, 2015

Author

SamTunis
SamTunis

Monastir, Sahel, Tunisia



About
Writing saved me. I would have done things very differently if I did not write. I love having a better understanding of things around me . I love understanding myself. I am eager to read some of t.. more..

Writing