Fighting for a place in her heart

Fighting for a place in her heart

A Story by Life_Is_Happiness
"

This is an essay I wrote for one of my college writing classes and got a B on it

"

"My daddy used to tell me that the first time you fall in love, it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feelin' never goes away. This girl you been tellin' me about was your first love. And no matter what you do, she'll stay with you forever." �" The Notebook 

            The best love is always the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. Puts a fire in our hearts and motivates us to love someone. That’s exactly what “The Notebook” has done here. Despite other people’s criticism, “The Notebook” in my opinion, is the greatest movie about falling in love.

            The opening scene of the movie is taken place in a modern-day nursing home, an elderly man named Duke comes in daily to read a romantic story from his notebook to a fellow patient, Allie Hamilton. As the story progresses, the audience soon find out that Duke is really Noah Calhoun; a handsome, young seventeen year old man that’s hardworking and faithful to the love of his life, Allison “Allie” Hamilton.

            It was love at first sight for Noah. He first meet Allie one evening at a carnival where he hung by one hand on the Farris Wheel trying to convince Allie to go out with him. Allie’s first answer was no, but soon found out she really had no choice, but to say yes. The love story started from that point on.

            Both Allie and Noah were crazy about each other despite their differences. Allie was a city girl and Noah was a country boy that didn’t even have two dimes under his name. It was an improbable romance.

            One night Noah takes Allie to this abandon house on the other side of the lake. It’s a big beautiful house if you can get pass the part that it needs a little working. That night Noah promises Allie the house she wants. “A white house, with blue shudders, a porch that wraps around, and a room overlooking the lake so I can paint.” Allie says.

            The night goes downhill from there. Noah’s friend Fin comes bursting in to tell Noah and Allie that her parents have every cop out looking for her. Noah drives Allie home where she gets in a screaming match with her mother, that disagrees with Noah. Allie’s mother says Noah is nothing but “Trash”.  Allie comes out crying and apologizing to Noah. Noah furious with the fact that he’s got to let Allie go, they get into a fight. The next morning changed both their lives. Allie was moving back to New York early and wanted to tell Noah goodbye, but he was off doing runs.

            Noah wanted to get over the fact that it was over between the two, so Fin and him signed up for the war. They both we’re deplored to the Paten War, where his best friend Fin dies. After about two years in the war, Noah comes back home.

            Allie was in her third year of college and volunteered as a war nursing aid where she meet Lon Hammond Jr. Soon after Lon proposes to Allie with the blessing of her parents and Allie says yes.

            Back home Noah wrote Allie 365 letters. One letter a day for a year, but no response. Noah fixed up the house in spite that maybe Allie would come back to him and soon Allie would.

            Allie was preparing for her wedding when she saw Noah’s picture in the paper and fainted. Allie soon went to her husband to be and told him that she needs to just go and clear her head. That she would be back from Seabrook in a few days. Allie drives to Seabrook to check on Noah. To make sure Noah was doing ok, but Allie believes that she was in the wrong for coming back and just randomly showing up. Allie gets back in her car, but the car doesn’t go far. She runs into a wooden gate and the car breaks down. Noah asked Allie if she wants to come in and Allie agrees to. Noah makes dinner for both of them and they sit and talk and drink wine. Allie tells Noah about her new fiancé and how Noah would really like Lon.

            Allie had come back into Noah’s life like a flame in a fire. Noah couldn’t get over losing her the first time and sure as hell doesn’t want to lose her for a second time.

            Duke takes a break from reading to go take his medicine for the day when his children show up. One by one he introduces them to Allie. Allie doesn’t know that the children are her children.

            Allie arrived the next morning just like Noah asked. Noah took Allie to the lake in a boat to show her how beautiful it was, when it started raining. Allie confronts Noah, “Why didn’t you write me? Why? It wasn’t over for me; I waited for you for seven years. But it’s too late.” Noah responded back, “I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you every day for a year.” “You wrote me?” Allie asked. “Yes….it wasn’t over, it’s still not over.” Said Noah as he grabbed Allie’s face and kissed her. Noah and Allie both went back to the house and made love.

            Duke then shuts the book and tries to explain to Allie that she is his wife, but Allie doesn’t corporate very well. Nurses had to put her to sleep because she started to freak out.

            The next couple of days were hard on Duke. He had to stay in his room, but Duke refused to listen. He just wanted to see Allie. Make sure that she was okay. So Duke snuck out of his room when one of the nurses turned their backs and walked right into Allie’s room. Allie lay quietly in her bed as if Duke never walked in. Duke pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. There in a quick moment Duke was right where he wanted to be.

            As the sun rose and the birds flew so did Allie and Duke. Long gone, but sincerely missed, their story lives on. The passion, the beauty, the downright crazy feeling Noah had for Allie is the feeling every audience will take with them for years to come.

           

           

© 2014 Life_Is_Happiness


Author's Note

Life_Is_Happiness
Please don't judge my grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on January 19, 2014
Last Updated on January 19, 2014

Author

Life_Is_Happiness
Life_Is_Happiness

Dayton, OH



About
Hi my names Sam, I'm 19 years...I currently go to a community college for Business Management. I have a cat and a boyfriend which is the love of my life :3 On my spare time I love to write and draw an.. more..

Writing