Curiosity

Curiosity

A Story by Samriddhi Srivastava
"

lack of curiosity is becoming common. It is something to be worried about and talked about. In the same way, as we do for Global Warming.

"

#Curiosity 
Such an interesting word. I strongly feel meaning of this word has totally changed in this technology-rich environment. 
I would like to give an example.

A worldwide movement called #EarthHour is organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). The event is held annually encouraging individuals, communities, and businesses to turn off non-essential electric lights for one hour, from 8:30 to 9:30 pm on a specific day towards the end of March, as a symbol of commitment to the planet. It was started as a lights-off event in Sydney, in 2007. Since then, it has grown to engage more than 7000 cities and town, including India. Sounds great, isn't it?

But let's focus on the other side of the coin. We all are very active on #Whatsapp #Facebook and much more. Someone intentionally or maybe unintentionally reframed the message that was spread over #Whatsapp. It said, ' Shut down all your lights and electronic equipment because some aliens will invade us.' Wait what? Yes, actually this was my reaction. We can, of course, break this down into technological jokes and whatever but people did actually believe on it and they were forwarding this text to everyone. That you must switch off everything during 8:30 to 9:30 pm. Not only this, there are people who forwarded this text even after months of the incident.

So, my point is we so smart, intelligent and intellectual people do not even think once before forwarding something? I do believe technology is the greatest gift to the civilization. But it's more of a threat now. Why am I saying this is because it is taking away our ability to think and find. There is no curiosity left inside of us. #Curiosity to ask. Whatever has been given to us as notes we believe it's correct. Whatever message we receive we believe it to be the ultimate truth. Even during my exams, I see people reading notes which doesn't make sense. And yes, there are people who write same words in their copy exactly same, thinking this is right and anything written instead of this is wrong. Why? where is your curiosity to question the right and the wrong.

To me, this is no lesser issues than #GlobalWarming for humans. Guys, I am writing this to make at least one person #think before she/he forward anything. Or maybe cross check the content. As you get to know something is fishy or not authentic frame a text and pass it on so that people may know the truth through you.

#AlsoShareyourStory
Share any of such incident that you see is currently viral on any social media that is not true. Let's make a pattern to inform people.

© 2017 Samriddhi Srivastava


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017
Tags: curiosity, Whatsapp, Facebook, sharing, global warming, messages, forward, forwarding

Author

Samriddhi Srivastava
Samriddhi Srivastava

Delhi, India



About
Umm.. I am really bad at this. Because I feel I haven't figured out myself completely. Everyday I notice something new about me. Someday I am curious someday I am extremely motivated,or may be boring,.. more..