Look And Listen

Look And Listen

A Story by Sam P. L.
"

A girl trapped in an asylum. She hears things and see things...but she doesn't think this makes her crazy. Think she is?

"

Her eyes dart side to side: a pale, two toned gaze of mint and cocoa sliding back and forth. Faint freckles dotting the corners of her eyes and around dark circles that cling to porcelain skin. 


Left corner ceiling. 


Right corner ceiling. 


Left corner floor.


Right corner floor.


Back and forth and back and forth and-


Door. 


Her eyes lock on the door. A cold, metal slab between walls of stone that stand 8 feet tall and 4 feet wide. 

Taunting. Mocking. 


She slowly crinkles her eyes, narrowing and scanning the edges: flat except for steel bolts that screw in tightly, painted over to poorly blend into the stone it is attached to. Pathetic. 


A creak in the floor as she shifts her weight to the left and eyes slowly brush down to her knees: bandaged in a wrap with specs of dry blood and dirt staining the edges. 


A creak in the floor as she shifts her weight to the right and eyes brush up to her thighs: jagged lines stitched poorly, like cat claws scratching raw meat.


"Hmph..." A breathy sound escapes her dry, pale pink lips and eyes dart back up to the door, studying it closely. She opens her mouth to say something, anything. "....." Nothing. She closes her mouth and sinks her weightless bones and flesh against the cold stone. Her eyes flutter closed.


Slumber. 

© 2017 Sam P. L.


Author's Note

Sam P. L.
I say everyone can read this, but do have an open mind. You can be a teen with a mature mind or an adult with a mind of a child. Apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on December 9, 2017
Last Updated on December 9, 2017
Tags: Thriller, Asylum, Voices, Scatter, Cold, Padded Walls, Blood

Author

Sam P. L.
Sam P. L.

Queens, NY



About
Hello. I am 20 years old and only getting older. I go to college for Theater and wish to work on Broadway or voice acting for movies. I am short and chubby, but that should not define me as a person. more..