Veil of my Dreams - A Monologue

Veil of my Dreams - A Monologue

A Story by Sam A. Garner
"

A guilty man explores the recesses of his mind in search of some morality to justify his sins.

"

                                                                                                          

The Veil of My Dreams                           

 

"Are you there? Speak with me; come out of the shadows plaguing my mind. Meet with me now as a friend, no longer a sacred enemy. Our souls are mutually blessed by the fall brought about by desire. I was told you know only depravity, that you seek to bring ruin to man and to undo our Father’s own will. On the contrary, when I have sinned I have found myself not in the company of a cruel and unthinking force but instead in the company of a friend. The father may love his children so but it is his enemy that takes an interest. The deal must be made with the friend, not the jester."   

 

"I have lived in a world, a world unknown to the rich and lost to the dead. A world that evades the memory of man, forever taunting him with the most beautiful of pleasures, playing on the vex that is his own kind, pushing him into the relentless wheel of malicious fortune. A pale hand leading me through a forest of bones, a land of temptation desolated by the realization of man’s dreams. Is this world of your own making? Or is it my Fathers? Does he bless his children with the power to see into this world to give us ambition? Or does he seek to test us? Does he want to see us play into the hands of his enemy and dirty our souls with our daring determination? Does he desire to condemn us for the valor he so whimsically bestowed upon our weak and mortal souls. It is ostensible that the ability to see into the wanting wasteland was given to us to satisfy the mad vanity and sadism of a devil masquerading as a god. We are but ants, and the thorned king a child playing with fire."

 

"Forgiveness I do not seek, happily no divine entity or Earthly creature would be so cruel as to grant me it. Forgiveness is for the guilty, the weak, the insecure, the vanquished. Not I. I stand here, a sinful man, but a man vindicated by the verification of a pious commission. Could heaven be so cruel as to allow me absolution? Could the mad king bring his vicious and merciless humor to such a point as to be purposely spiteful to his own? I must snatch and wear the jester’s thorned crown myself. The power of the divine rests in us alone, without the mouths of his slaves he would be speechless."   

 

"Surely you will ask me how I could have come to see my Father and his brother in such a light, my explanation is simple and common to all of mankind. It is not out of pettiness, of lack of faith that I am brought to such heinous conclusions. It is not out of rejection, or fear, of lack of loyalty. I have been led here through the intrepid thought, daring determination and cruel revelation of a world beyond my grasp. I am deceived by what deceives all men: the Veil of my Dreams." 

© 2014 Sam A. Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014
Tags: dark, death, dreams, religious, god, devil, father, brother, heaven, veil, nightmare