Dance with the Snowflakes

Dance with the Snowflakes

A Story by Samuel Collier
"

A story that I wrote to tackle some issues and I, of course, put them together into a somewhat fairytale format.

"

Dance with the Snowflakes



There was once a girl, this girl lived in a forest far north. Every day this girl, who we would call a pixie, would crawl out of the ground where she lived and play with the snowflakes.

You see the snowflakes were her friends and every day they would fall from the sky, calling for their friend the pixie. Every day this is how it went, the flakes would fall, calling for the pixie, and the pixie would come and play.

They would fly through the air, laughing and playing, they were all wonderful pals. And that’s how it went for thousands of years, that is until the mudmen showed up.

At first, they were fine, just acting like normal animals, but soon they became intelligent and they started to do some very strange things. At first, the pixie didn’t give mind to them as she still got to play with the snowflakes.

She didn’t pay attention to the mudmen until they started to pollute. They littered the ground with garbage, cut down the trees that she had called home for her entire life, and worst of all they sent toxins into the sky.

Though it hurt her a lot to see all these things happen she was still happy, for she still had her best friends, the snowflakes; surely nothing could take that from her. But sadly she was wrong, one day the snowflakes fell, but they didn’t call for her. It was midday when she came from the ground to see what was happening.

She flew to the snowflakes to see what was wrong, but the snowflakes were mean and hurt her if she touched them. Heartbroken, the pixie fled underground to cry and that’s how she stayed for thousands of years.

Slowly, the mudmen polluted their world until they couldn’t live there and they left flying to the stars in search of a home. And the gaseous air crept into the pixie’s whole and snuffed out her little flame.

Hundreds of years later, the snowflakes fell and this time they called to the pixie, but she never came.

© 2016 Samuel Collier


Author's Note

Samuel Collier
Please tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

230 Views
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016
Tags: fairytale, issues

Author

Samuel Collier
Samuel Collier

Lawton, OK



About
I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm decently funny. I love to cook and write. I dislike most sports, but I do like to play chess, cricket, tennis, and soccer. I love playing music and can play around 10 instru.. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Story by Samuel Collier


Freedom Freedom

A Story by Samuel Collier