Housewarming for a princess

Housewarming for a princess

A Poem by Sam & Gavin Khan-McIntyre
"

Poetry

"
Single-sized room,though we’re married,
When o’ when are you discharged from hospital
After all these years and there’s nothing the matter with you. I shouldn’t feel so useless
Not even being able to get you out if there this time.So I’ll describe it for you,a grey and white upright armchair very comfortable, a grey and white rug, a small grey ottoman and not to continue on the theme of grey, a cream flower patterned tiled coffee table ,as a showpiece of a new life.
The room already contained a giant teddy bear which the landlady said I could have , sone sort of company and to keep the door closed, for privacy and peace.

I put the armchair facing the garden,which the landlady probably not to have the neighbours gaping in a built up row of back to back terraces asked me not to use for now.

Then twice she returned a spare mattress to the top of my bed but I am not listening I put it in the corridor, even with her initial permission and she said the furniture charity shop refused to pick up when they dropped off my furniture, well what can I say about it then!

I say, upon my return the mattress will be back in top of my bed,for for a princess and I shall find a pea underneath it.

© 2022 Sam & Gavin Khan-McIntyre


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on June 3, 2022
Last Updated on June 3, 2022
Tags: Sam and Gavin Khan-McIntyre, writers cafe, poetry, Sam Khan-McIntyre, Gavin Khan-McIntyre, writing, writers’ cafe