I WANT

I WANT

A Poem by poetforlife

I want....
You to know that I love you no matter where you go or who you're with or what you become,
 
I want....
To see my children fullfilled, happy human beings with something to offer this world that wasn't here before they came.
 
I want....
to grow a garden and watch what I've toiled for come to fruition knowing that my hands and time made it happen.
 
I want....
My brothers to understand what they mean to me,how much I look up to all of them even though I am older, how proud I am of the men that they are and the father's they've become.
 
I want....
To sing, for my heart is full of music and I cannot contain it within the small confines.
 
I want....
to offer something to this world that it doesn't deserve just because I have grown to be that good of a person.
 
I want....
to be mature enough to give and love and help without expecting anything in return. Just for the sake of doing it because it's the right thing to do.
 
I want....
there to be peace on this earth so that my children don't have to worry about the future of their children.
 
I want....
for us to look at each other and not care what color our skin is or how big our wallet is or where we come from but what kind of human beings we show the world we are.
 
I want....
to be successful but redefine what success means to  me. To know that it is not in the making of the money but in the making a difference.
 
I want....
my wondeful friends to know that I treasure every one of them and what each of them means to my life in very different ways.
 
I want....
so much more than I deserve but never wanting for more than I have.
 
 
 
 

© 2008 poetforlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with dragon lord
I couldnt have said a better comment so I will leave it at
"I agree!"

Posted 15 Years Ago


this poem is so wonderful, i found myself nodding more than a few times in agreement. if you ever douted that your brothers did not know how proud you are of them well i truely hope they do now. and your last stanza was such a beautiful round off

"so much more than I deserve but never wanting for more than I have."

may i too be able to live by that sentiment, Thank you for sharing!

Blessed be!
Fallon

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow what great thoughts... if only more people in the world thought like this humanity would turn around in no time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not a lot to ask for really M lady You expressed your feelings eloquently in well written poetic prose

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is genius....I love it sister,,,your awesome!!!!...love you big sis!!!!:-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amazing poem
you summed it all up for all of us,
because im sure that this is what we all want!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts

Best wishes

Posted 15 Years Ago


AMEN......

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 10, 2008

Author

poetforlife
poetforlife

About
This creative process is such a great outlet for me. You can pretty much tell my whole life through my poetry. I love to write. It is water, breath and air to me. It's the cheapest form of therapy I k.. more..

Writing
Crushed Crushed

A Poem by poetforlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..