Consciousness v/s Materialism

Consciousness v/s Materialism

A Story by Sanjana Raju

The love for materialism and “things” in today’s world is over powering and almost obnoxious. We have been manipulated to disconnect from our inner most feelings, from the nature from the consciousness which is what makes us. It is paradoxical as I am here writing about materialism and technology on a laptop. But that is how life is designed today by our political leaders, by the so called progression in the world.

The truth is the richer we are becoming materialistically the poorer we are becoming spiritually. We are dragged away from our own existence and the essence of life. We all belong to the universe not just the earth or our well guarded homes, our home is the universe, the galaxy, the planets. We fail to see the bigger picture due to our ignorance or rather the conditioning we have received from our forefathers in the recent years.

During the early age we lived one with the nature, the tress, skies, birds and animals were our brothers and sisters. We lived in harmony, what we fail to understand is that the earth or the universe is a spirit in itself the more we take it for granted and exploit it the more we face the fury of it which no latest scientific developments can save us from.

Why don’t you and I live in harmony? Why don’t we love and embrace the trees who give us the oxygen we need to survive?

We consider ourselves intelligent because we sent a man on the moon , or because we can capture images of the planets that are thousands of light years away. But the truth is that people who lived thousands of years ago who we brand as “ignorant” have been on the moon and traveled the universe in their consciousness by just connecting with their own selves and living and breathing that very moment. They had the right use of plants who cooperated to cure almost all diseases , they had plants who gave them the power to connect with all life forms and to be teleported across the universe to feel the energy of their existence in this complex world.

No corruption, no adultery or crime just harmony of “being”, of “existence” with all that exists around them conspiring to give them the universal knowledge.

What we are discovering now with science & technology has been said ages ago without any destruction hunger or greed but with love and peace.

So are we really intelligent or we brand ourselves as something we are not even close to?

© 2014 Sanjana Raju


Author's Note

Sanjana Raju
What do you think of the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: Spirituality, nature, materialism, life

Author

Sanjana Raju
Sanjana Raju

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
Just a girl trying to live in the conscious state!! more..