Tomorrow's Edge

Tomorrow's Edge

A Story by Sapho
"

What just happened?

"

You got a second? I know you got one. This happened before already, don't you know? Y-you see, some people believe that there is heaven and hell. Some eternal bliss and mindless suffering waiting for us in death's embrace. Nuh-uh! Some believe they will be reborn in death. Their souls bound to an endless cycle. Their next they may be a different gender, ethnicity, a crab! Nuh-uh! S-sso-ss-Some think (can you believe this) Some think there is nothing but darkness beyond the grave. Endless nothing, all-consuming darkness as far as our numb senses can grasp. That doesn't make sense at all. Nuh-uh! I know the truth. We won't be reforged, gone or torn. We will do it all again. Over and over. Again!

The truth is this happened before! You and I had this chat before. Your face was just as p-perplexed. The way you pressed your lips and winced when we crossed paths. Happened! That rancid dinner you had last night. Happened! Your first kiss, the first time you spoke, your mother and father f*****g. Happened! The boundless prosperity to the east. Their decadence and avarice. You know it! Happened! The forever wars to the north. The child soldiers sacrificed at the altar of Mars. Their eventual destiny as the ones holding the dagger over the innocent. H-ha-Happend! Every bit of malice, joy, reprieve...All of it once was and will be. It will never end. I-tttt-it is forever that we suffer. My nightmare is endless.

I cannot escape my fate. I was born broken. Their smiles and cheers rendered moot by the whims of the sisters of fate. I was always going to drown in the ecstasy of the bottle. Seduced into killing my brother. Made into a pariah. No matter what I do or what others try, I was never going to break free. This moment and all before it were never in our control. My only wisdom to you is this: Accept your fate, become its puppet and then die.

© 2024 Sapho


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hard to follow. Awful sentences

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2024
Last Updated on March 11, 2024
Tags: Experimental, Conversation, Rambling

Author

Sapho
Sapho

Bangor, ME



About
Just an amateur writer here! I have no formal training nor can I say I ever will. I write stories during my spare time so please temper your expectations. I do still appreciate your critique (no matte.. more..

Writing
Mary Magdalene Mary Magdalene

A Story by Sapho