The Threat Of A Late Winter's Storm

The Threat Of A Late Winter's Storm

A Poem by Sunflower/Sara Kendrick
"

Prose poetry, written a few weeks back

"
Delicate verdant leaves on the Weeping Willow dance in the brisk wind like a harem dancer's sheer covering. The sighing of the pines sounds as a cymbal gently being played. As rain droplets sparse and large touch and bounce upon winter's earth..Gray amassed clouds pass over at a moderate rate of speed__Then stillness...Is this the quiet before the major storm or only a repose giving the turbulence a break from blowing in the storm from the west?..The Star Magnolia that was devoid of flowers yesterday has about fifteen open in different stages ..Will the harsh wind and rain destroy their beauty and let only such a brief  life be theirs?  The Japanese Magnolia has flowers open in different stages..More on it than ever a year before and the Bradford Pear's buds open during the cool late winter's night gracing all who pass with white gracious beauty...Spring unpredictable like life..Sometimes one wins and sometimes one looses..

© 2011 Sunflower/Sara Kendrick


Author's Note

Sunflower/Sara Kendrick
Written a while back..Probably one for my Out On The Porch...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Have always loved the Bradford Pear trees.. so alive right now in white ribbons. I was moved by how your writing here brings so many sounds to life as well in the coming of the storm.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 18, 2011
Tags: Prose poetry
Previous Versions