Rantings of a College-bound Child

Rantings of a College-bound Child

A Story by Sara
"

jotting down thoughts and troubles

"

I wish I knew all of the things I am required to know, and I hope that someday I will. For now I am a child, and I can relax.

 

Right?

 

Wrong, I am a child who is being thrust into reality, thrown faster and quicker than is humanly possible, thrown head first to the sharks. Yet, I know how to swim, and I can escape. But escaping is for the weak; I would like to conquer.

 

The sharks surround me in the pool I have fallen into, fully clothed. My worries weigh me down and treading water is all I can manage to do. Forget about fighting! I can hardly stay afloat. Yet, the sharks swim ever closer and I, a child, am forced to defeat the predators of the world, to defend my honor, my country, my future, my world, and all that I love.

 

They say that if this generation does not take action, all will be lost. Well, here I am now and I have defeated the first of many sharks to come. Despite the challenge, I will not give up. I will pull myself up out of the water and gather my friends and we will build a raft and together sail among the sharks, spears in hand. We will conquer together and this generation will not fail.

 

Children of my generation, we must take action, and we can never, ever give up.

 

© 2008 Sara


Author's Note

Sara
there are a hefty amount of metaphors in there, let's hope it's not too cheesy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this!
The metaphoric imagery is fabulous - yes child do have a challenging life ahead, though we, the children of the earth need to fight and stand up against all the wrong doings that surround us.
Brilliant stuff.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Added on March 9, 2008

Author

Sara
Sara

the great plains



About
Hey all Ive been on hiatus for awhile. Hope everything is going swimmingly. more..

Writing
Number 1 Number 1

A Chapter by Sara


Number 2 Number 2

A Chapter by Sara