Raven

Raven

A Screenplay by SarahFC
"

A young girl named Amy has to cope with being granted immense power, when she is drafted into a supernatural cult. This is the story of her fight to escape.

"
FADE IN:
INT. LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
Amy is a girl with a tall, willowy body. She has long dark hair and brown eyes. She is wearing a silver, strapless party dress.
Amy is sitting alone on a sofa at a house party. She stares aimlessly into her drink before taking a sip of it, then she putting it down on the coffee table.
Towards the end of the night, Amy gets up from the sofa and to leave.

CLASSMATE
Where are you going?

Amy stops and turns to her CLASSMATE, who's been sitting on the sofa talking to a boy.

AMY
I should be going home right about now, it's getting late.

CLASSMATE
Do you need a lift? My brother can drive you.

She's about to gesture to her brother, when Amy politely shakes her head.

AMY
No it's fine, I'd much rather walk home.

CLASSMATE
Alright then, take care!
Amy leaves the house while her friend calls out to her.

CUT TO:
EXT. SUBURBAN STREET - NIGHT
Amy is walking home and notices a car that has been driving behind her. At first she thinks nothing of it, and thinks its a coincidence that they are going in the same direction. When she stops walking, the car stops too and she believes that the driver is actually following her.

AMY
Are you following me?

Amy notices the eyes of the driver, the driver's eyes look unnatural. They are completely pitch black, making the driver's eye look hollow.
Amy flinches and stumbles backwards in horror.

AMY
What is it? What do you want?

The driver conjures disembodied raven claws that grab Amy as she tries to run away. The talons pull at her dress and scratch her skin as she tries to escape.

AMY
Let me go!

Amy struggles to break free and run, but her efforts are futile. She is dragged towards the back of the car and stuffed inside the boot of the car.

FADE OUT
INT. CAR BOOT - DAY

The car arrives at a large, old mansion. Inside the car, Amy noticed that the car has stopped and that there is someone else in the car with her.

AMY
Where are we? Why have we stopped.

DAMIEN
We're at the coven house, this is where she was taking us.

AMY
And who are you?

DAMIEN
(sarcastically)
I'm the voice in your head

AMY
Does this voice in my head have a name, smart a*s?

DAMIEN looks over at Amy

DAMIEN
Since you asked nicely, it's Damien.

AMY
Also how do you know where we've been taken?

The conversation is cut short when Carolina opens the car boot.
Amy is dragged out of the car and she's forced to follow Carolina, Damien gets out of the car after her.

EXT. COVEN HOUSE GARDEN - DAY
Carolina takes Amy to the back garden, Damien follows behind them. Carolina grabs Amy and forces her to kneel on the stone floor.
Amy looks up at Carolina with a defiant glare.

AMY
What are you doing? Will someone just tell me what's on?!

Carolina doesn't listen, she begins preparations for the ritual.
Carolina is shown to have medium length, auburn hair and abnormal looking eyes. She wears a simple black and red dress, the colours of her coven.

DAMIEN
She doesn't have the mark Carolina.

Damien tries to stand between Amy and Carolina in order to protect Amy.
Damien is shown to be tall and tanned with short, red hair. He wears a blue t-shirt with a pair of jeans.

CAROLINA
Perhaps if you had made your power more useful to me, I wouldn't have to resort to this. Besides if she doesn't have the mark, she will soon enough.

Carolina pushes Damien aside and proceeds with the ritual, Damien still tries to stop her.

DAMIEN
Don't do this to her!

Carolina conjures a black feather in the palm of her hand. She plants the tip of the feather into Amy's back, and the feather sinks into her flesh. Amy screams in pain as the feather sinks into her back. Damien can only watch the ritual, he feels powerless to stop it.

CAROLINA
(To Damien)
Now the raven demon will do what he sees fit with the girl. Much like you and I, she is now a vessel for a piece of his soul.
(To Amy)
So rise, and claim power that other mere mortals can only dream of.

When the ritual is over, Amy falls over, curling up into fetal position. Carolina begins to walk away, she tells Damien to help Amy settle into the coven house.

CAROLINA
Damien, see to it that the girl has a place to sleep.

Damien rushes to Amy's side to help her off the floor. Damien tries to help Amy up off the floor, glaring at Carolina as she leaves.

FADE IN
INT. COVEN HOUSE ENTRANCE HALL - DAY
Damien helps her through the large double doors of the mansion.
The entrance hall has marble floors and a large grand staircase. There are doors which lead to the sitting room and dining room in the mansion.
There is an grand staircase in front of them and a boy named Andrew is leaning against the railing of the stairs. Andrew has dark hair and green eyes, he wears a white t-shirt, black trousers and a moss green jacket. He is taller than Amy but not quiet as tall as Damien.

ANDREW
Who's the new recruit? I saw the ritual from the garden.
Damien tries to help Amy up the stairs, avoiding eye contact with Andrew.

DAMIEN
Save your sadism for someone who cares Andrew.
Andrews rushes to Damien's side, Damien stops walking, still avoiding eye contact with him.

ANDREW
Hey I'm not saying I enjoyed it, I'm just saying I saw what happened. Good effort trying to stop it though.

DAMIEN
I'll try and find somewhere for her to sleep.

ANDREW
Or I could do it?

Damien looks over at Andrew, narrowing his eyes.

DAMIEN
Nice try Andrew, I think she's been toyed with enough today.

The two boys stare each other down

ANDREW
I don't mean her any harm, I just wanna help the new recruit settle in is all.

DAMIEN
Or maybe you're just looking for a shiny new toy to play with until it breaks.
The two boys glare at each other while Amy tries to shrug Damien off.

AMY
I can find somewhere to sleep by myself.

Amy tries to walk up the stairs but she stumbles and trips. Andrew rushes to her side and carries her, he looks back at Damien.

ANDREW
You see Damien, how could I possibly screw with someone so stubborn?

Damien stares after them for the where he stands. A girl named Kat (short for Katherine) appears at Damien's side looking up at them.
Kat has a short, pear-shaped body. She wears a pair of jeans and a tank top. She has thick, curly red hair and brown eyes.

KAT
Who's the new recruit?

DAMIEN
I don't have the slightest clue, all I know is that she's not gonna become Andrew's new toy or Carolina's new pawn.

Damien walks back down the stairs, Kat stares after him in confusion.

DAMIEN
(Mutters)
Not if I can help it.

INT. KAT AND AMY'S BEDROOM - DAY
Andrew walks in to the room carrying Amy and sets her down on the bed.
Inside the bedroom there are two beds, an adjoining bathroom and a wardrobe. The sheets on the other bed appear to happen burns in them.
Amy looks up at Andrew, who tries to smile reassuring at her.

ANDREW
See, no harm done. Damien was all worried and flustered over nothing.

Amy turns to face the window, trying not to look at Andrew. Andrew leaves the room to get Amy a change of clothes.

ANDREW
I'll be right back, I'll go get you some clothes to wear.

As Andrew leaves the room, he looks back at Amy with a sympathetic smile. Amy is still shaken from the pain and agony of the ritual. Images of the incident flash in her mind as she lies down in her bed.
Andrew places a small bundle of clothes on the bed. He takes a seat on the edge of the bed and tries to talk to Amy.

ANDREW
So, do you want to talk? Do you have a name?

Amy continues to face the window, she is in no mood for conversation.

AMY
It's Amy, and I'd much rather be left alone. Thanks for the clothes though.

Despite this, Andrew tries to comfort her and calm her fears.

ANDREW
Look I'm just unsure about leaving you here all by yourself, I thought you'd need someone to talk to.

Amy sits up on the bed, looking directly at Andrew.

AMY
If you are so insistent on helping me, than tell me what the hell just happened to me. Why am I here? What does that woman want from me?

ANDREW
You've been taken to a secret underground society, and you've had to endure its initiation.

AMY
So do you mind telling me more about this 'underground society' that I've been forced to join.

ANDREW
We're more like an army than a cult, an army of super humans, each with different abilities. We are called raven souls.

Amy is unconvinced by his explanation.

AMY
Okay I asked for the truth about what just happened, not some crap you pulled out of a comic book.

Andrew is about to get up and leave when he speaks.

ANDREW
I didn't expect you to believe me, hell I didn't believe it myself when I came here. Just know, I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Andrew is about to leave, when Amy stops him to ask him something.

AMY
Just, one more thing.

ANDREW
Yes?

AMY
What's your ability then, if you claim to have one?

ANDREW
I'll show it to you, when the time is right. You've been through enough today.

Kat enters the room, and she only briefly glances at Andrew as he leaves the room.
Kat tries to strike up a conversation with Amy

KAT
I'm guessing Andrew told you everything.

AMY
Not everything

Kat walks in and sits down her bed, which is adjacent from Amy's bed.

KAT
Well you just got here, and Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm Kat by the way, just Kat though. I don't really answer to Kathrine.

Amy is unresponsive as she looks out the window.

KAT
You don't feel like talking to me do you?

Amy shakes her head and Kat lies down in her bed, looking up at the ceiling.

KAT
Alright, well I'm right here if you want someone to talk to. I'm better company than Andrew...at least I like to think I am.

EXT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY
In the nearby town, there is a cafe which people often go to. A petite brunette girl named Elise is standing outside the cafe. She has a slip of paper in her hand with an address written on it.
Elise walks up to the old man as he leaves the cafe and asks for directions to an address.

ELISE
Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find this address?

The old man looks at the slip of paper in her hand, reading the address.

OLD MAN
I think that old house has been abandoned for quite some time, it's probably an old deathtrap by now.

The old man walks away from Elise, she takes a seat in front of Owen, who accompanied her.
Owen is taller and has a bulkier frame compared to Elise. He trusts her ability to predict the future and her skills as a tactician. In the past he was killed and Damien revived him, but Owen has no recollection of his past. He has spent the past few years relearning how to control his powers as a mind reader.

OWEN
I told you he wouldn't tell us, he's more interested in drinking his coffee and eating his chocolate muffin.

Elise looks back at the old man

ELISE
I also had my doubts about whether or not he would help us, it's still better than sitting on our hands. I didn't see the harm in asking him.

OWEN
The harm in asking him would be that their leader sees us or we end up dead, just like the people in the massacre.

Elise turns in her chair to face Owen

ELISE
Someone had to have given them the proper burial they deserved. We came back to find our oldest and dearest friend. A friend who survived the massacre on our old coven.

OWEN
What will we do once we find this Damien person? A few years have passed and I still don't remember much about him.

Elise looks down at her hands in her lap, trying to avoid thinking about Owen's death. There is a pause before Elise speaks again.

ELISE
We will set him free, just as he helped set us free we will help him. I know that's hard for you to remember, but you wouldn't be here without him.

Owen leans back in his chair pondering what Elise just said.

OWEN
Look, If what you Say is true, I owe him my life, literally. I don't doubt that he is alive if you saw him in your visions. I'm just not entirely sure how this plan is going to work.

Elise tries to enter the future realm, her surroundings fade away into a deep mist.

ELISE
I'll try and search through the near future, I'll see if there's an opportunity to contact him.

FADE IN
INT. CAROLINA'S STUDY - NIGHT
Elise is standing in the corner of the room, invisible to the people and objects around her. Elise is standing in Carolina's study and Carolina is sitting at the desk, completely unaware of her presence.
There is a knock on the door.

CAROLINA
Come in.

Damien walks through the door and Elise listens in on there conversation, they are unaware of her prescience.

DAMIEN
What was it you wanted to speak to me about?

Elise is unseen as she walks towards the desk to listen to them.

CAROLINA
Firstly, your many attempts at escape are a complete nuisance. Secondly, I want you to train the new recruit.

DAMIEN
Why me?

CAROLINA
Because I trust that she will listen to you, someone who tried defend her at the ritual.

Damien crosses his arms, glaring down at her.

DAMIEN
So this makes me more likely to turn her into someone who will fight for a monster like you?

Carolina glares up at him from her desk

CAROLINA
Your powers are useful to me, despite your refusal to use them. Don't spit on my kindness and mercy in this way. All I ask is that you train the girl to protect herself.

FADE OUT
EXT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY
Elise wakes up from the vision, Owen is still sitting across from her, curious to know what she saw. She is clutching the sides of her chair, trying to take in what she saw.

ELISE
There's a new recruit, Carolina has just asked Damien to train her. If we can contact that recruit without Carolina knowing, then we can ask her to deliver a message to Damien. It's a difficult plan, but there is a way. She would allow her coven members to briefly leave the coven house, provided that they are accompanied by someone she trusts.

Owen still isn't entirely sure of what Elise is planning.

OWEN
Would that someone be Damien?

ELISE
It's unlikely, since Damien has had many escape attempts in our absence. Whoever it is, we'll be able to evade them long enough to pass the message to this new recruit.

OWEN
How do we know who this new recruit is?

Elise ponders Owen's question for a long moment. She tries to devise a way in which they can communicate with Damien, using the new recruit as a messenger.

ELISE
It's more likely to be someone we've never seen before. Since the massacre, I doubt Carolina has had many recruits since then.

OWEN
So that narrows it down to just a few people, we still don't know who the recruit is.

ELISE
For the time being, we should still find the coven house first and keep track of who goes in and out of the house.

FADE OUT
INT. KAT AND AMY'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Kat walks into the room and sees Amy sitting of the bed.

KAT
I see you changed into the clothes Andrew brought you.

AMY
The party dress I wore when I came here wouldn't be much use, you want it?

Amy stands up from the bed and picks up her dress.

KAT
No thanks, I haven't worn dresses in a long time and I don't intend to start wearing them now.

Amy hangs up the dress inside the small wardrobe in the room. Kat walks over to Amy's bed and sits down.

KAT
So, are you coming down to dinner? It's nothing fancy but, we're all there together and Carolina won't bother us.

AMY
If you insist...

KAT
It'll also be a good opportunity to get to know your new trainer.

Amy looks annoyed as she closes the wardrobe door.

AMY
I have a trainer now? Am I a lion in a circus?

Kat stares back at her, raising an eyebrow.

KAT
First of all, if anyone's a lion in a circus it's me.

Kat gestures to her thick, red, curly hair.

KAT
And secondly, Damien's not so bad. Okay, he can't teach you how to use your own powers, but he can teach you the basics.

AMY
How do I even know what my own powers are?

Amy sits back down on her bed next to Kat.

KAT
Same as everyone I guess: s**t happens, you don't know how it happened and you know that's your special ability.

AMY
How did you find out yours then?

KAT
I burnt down half the kitchen trying to get some food from the fridge.

Amy stares at Kat in shock

KAT
Fire powers for a fiery red head, good to know the raven demon has a sense of humour.

AMY
The raven demon?

KAT
The one that has a tiny piece of his soul inside you, that's why we are called raven souls. We have the mark of the raven, which is usually a good clue as to what powers we have.

Kat shows Amy the mark on her hand, a raven carrying a ball of fire.

KAT
Of course I can only do sparks and little flames, but sparks and little flames aren't as innocent as they seem. Anyways, lets go down to dinner, I'm hungry.

Kat leaves the room and Amy follows her, switching off the light as she leaves.

FADE OUT
INT. COVEN HOUSE DINING HALL - NIGHT
Amy is sitting next to Kat in the dining hall. She looks around the dining hall searching for Andrew. Amy tries to ask Kat where he is.

AMY
Do you know where Andrew is?

KAT
Just because he gave you a nice change of clothes, it doesn't mean he isn't a creepy a*****e.

AMY
What has he done?

At that moment Andrew comes over to their table, and takes the seat next to Amy.

ANDREW
So did you hear about Damien training you?

AMY
Should I be afraid?

ANDREW
No, it's just a shame Carolina didn't choose me. I could have taught you a few things.

Kat interrupts them with a sarcastic comment.

KAT
Like what? We're all excited to know Andrew.

Amy and Andrew turn to look at Kat, Amy looks confused while Andrew glares at her. Damien takes the seat next to Andrew, Andrew rolls his eyes at Damien's comment.

DAMIEN
Actually I'd much rather not know what Andrew has planned for our new recruit.

ANDREW
Relax Damien, the girl is still in one piece, I haven't done anything to her.

Damien looks down at his food

DAMIEN
For now...

Andrew turns to Amy, ignoring Damien and Kat.

ANDREW
So anyways, Amy do you wanna go to town tonight?

AMY
I thought we weren't allowed to leave.

ANDREW
It's just that nobody bothers trying to leave for long, unless you're Damien. You'll be fine as long as you have me keeping an eye on you.

Damien continues to look down at his food, muttering comments.

DAMIEN
(mutters)
Somehow that seems like a worse idea than if she were to go alone.

ANDREW
Don't be mad just because Carolina hunts you down every time you try to break out of this place. I'm just being friendly to our new friend here.

Amy looks down at her food and pokes at it with her fork.

AMY
I guess I could go...

Andrew turns his attention back to Amy, ignoring Damien.

ANDREW
I'll meet you in the entrance hall after dinner then.

The four of them eat in silence, later on Andrew leaves to put his plate away. Damien and Kat exchange worried glances.

FADE OUT
EXT. COVEN HOUSE FRONT GATE - NIGHT
Owen is spying on the entrance to see if anyone leaves the coven house. He is on the phone with Elise and he waits for someone to leave the gates.

OWEN
Elise, there's no sign of anyone leaving the house. Maybe their leader is clamping down on them, preventing them from leaving the house.

ELISE
(on the phone)
Stay there, I just saw two people leave the coven house. They plan to head into town together, maybe you can keep an eye on them there.

OWEN
Did you recognise them?

ELISE
(on the phone)
I recognised Andrew, but not the girl that was with him. Maybe she's the recruit.

OWEN
Who's this Andrew guy, is he the guy who...

ELISE
(on the phone)
Yes, that Andrew.

OWEN
What is she doing with him?

ELISE
(on the phone)
I'm not entirely sure, but that's who I saw with her.

OWEN
This is going to be more difficult than we thought, are you sure we should do this?

ELISE
(on the phone)
They are heading towards town, giving Andrew the slip will be difficult, but not impossible.

Andrew and Amy are Walking through the gates, whilst Owen finds a place to hide.

OWEN
They're coming

Owen hides in the grass and watches them as they walk past.

ELISE
(on the phone)
Hide in the grass next to the large tree by the gate, you won't look as conspicuous to the girl. Meet me in town in an hour, I have a plan.

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - NIGHT
The town square has a tall, golden statue of a tree with golden leaves. There are benches surrounding the tree. Owen meets with Elise in the town square, he is interested to hear what Elise is planning. Elise is sitting on a bench in the square, with a letter in her hand. Owen sits next to her on the bench.

OWEN
Did you see them come here?

ELISE
Yes, I can only hope that my plan is going to work.

OWEN
So what is your plan?

Owen and Elise try to devise a plan, before Amy and Andrew arrive.

ELISE
Since she's with Andrew, distracting him won't be easy. We need to create an opportunity to give her the letter to Damien.

OWEN
How do we do that?

ELISE
We wait, the square becomes crowded with everyone trying to rush home. Andrew and this girl will try to weave their way through the crowd. When they do, I'll slip the letter in her pocket.

OWEN
Will it work?

ELISE
It hangs on whether or not she will give it to him. Since he's her trainer, there is a possibility that she will.

Amy and Andrew walk through the town square, Elise remains seated on the bench in plain sight, watching them closely. Andrew takes a seat on the bench, while Amy remains standing.

ANDREW
So what was your life like before you came here?

Andrew gestures to the seat next to him. Amy takes the seat next to him, but she puts a short distance between them.

AMY
Why do you ask?

ANDREW
Well, most of us were taken at a young age. We were just kids when the raven soul leaders took us.

AMY
There are others, and not just that woman?

ANDREW
There are many other leaders, leaders of groups called 'covens'. They fight to protect and expand their land and territory. Since we were dragged kicking and screaming into their bullshit, I'd like to know how the outside world was treating you.

Amy looks at her feet as she speaks

AMY
I often thought my life was dull to be honest, easier than most but ultimately mundane.

ANDREW
Why is that?

AMY
For starters, the only family member I was ever close with is my older brother. Our parents spent most of their time travelling, so we were often home alone. Looking back now, he was more of a parent to me than they were.

ANDREW
So what happened when your brother left home?

Amy takes a deep breath, unsure if she should answer his question.

AMY
I was all alone, simple as that. I had hoped that maybe he would come home for a visit, but he'd much rather not.

ANDREW
What makes you say that?

AMY
Our parents didn't approve of him going abroad, dad wanted him to stay home and inherit the company. My brother didn't care, he wanted to be something more than an heir.

Andrew leans back in his seat, taking in what Amy said.

ANDREW
What would they say if they found out you were one of us now?

AMY
They wouldn't notice if I was gone, doesn't mean I want to be here though. I thought my life was a little dull, but getting drafted into a cult wasn't what I had in mind.

Andrew gently puts his arm around Amy's shoulder, Amy looks over at him, feeling uneasy.

ANDREW
You knew a life outside of our little cult, even if it was boring and miserable. That's still something most of us would wish for, and hey you have me to help you...that is if you'll let me.

The more people start walking through the square, as more people walk through the square. Andrew gets up from the bench and offers Amy his hand.

ANDREW
There's a coffee shop not far from here, I'll buy you a drink before it closes, my treat.

Amy looks at Andrews hand, before tentatively taking it. Owen watches them leave the square, hiding behind a statue. Owen runs towards Elise, who is still on the bench.

OWEN
Did you predict he would do that?

ELISE
No, I didn't predict that, most likely it was a snap decision. You would know if he was trying to avoid me.

OWEN
Is there a change of plans?

ELISE
Yes, seeing as I'm cursing his spontaneity right now. If we follow her to the cafe, I can secretly give her the letter.

Elise stands up and walks with Owen to the cafe.

OWEN
What do you make of this girl? Now that we are more certain she is a new recruit.

ELISE
Like any foolish human being, she is too trusting in Andrew. He has a way of making you want to spill your soul, making you believe he is a kind confidant. Sadly, he will only use it against you in the end. He will use it in the only way he knows how.

FADE IN
EXT. COVEN HOUSE GARDEN - DAY
Elise is having a flashback of when they were thirteen years old, her twin sister Eliza is doubled up on the floor in tears. Eliza is seeing an illusion of a pack of rats tying to overwhelm her.

ELIZA
Make it stop, make the rats go away!

ELISE
Stop it! Stop this! She did nothing wrong, she didn't mean to!

ANDREW
Then tell her she doesn't know the first thing about me! Tell her it's not nice to poke around someone's past without permission.

ELISE
She can't control her powers any better than you can. At least she doesn't use them to be cruel, unlike you!

Andrew slowly uncurls his fists, this puts an end to the illusion. Eliza tries to calm down as the illusion fades away. Elise rushes to her side to help her, glaring back at Andrew.

ANDREW
You think kindness will protect us? Our powers only have one purpose, to create destruction, suffering, to bring the world to its knees.


INT. COFFEE SHOP - NIGHT
Amy is sitting alone at a table whilst Andrew is queuing for coffee. Elise is in the corner of the coffee shop, keeping a watchful eye.

ELISE
I only have a small window of time before Andrew returns with the coffee.

Owen tries to make sense of Elise's plan, trying to keep up with changes in her planning.

OWEN
So do you just slip the letter into her pocket?

ELISE
No, there's no point seeing as she'll see me anyways. I'll have to be more direct, and hope that Andrew doesn't see me talking to her.

OWEN
She doesn't hate Damien enough not to deliver the letter, but that doesn't mean she will.

ELISE
Chances are she'll have a little peak, better her than anyone else. As long as Damien gets the letter, and the only other eyes that see is are her own.

Amy is sitting in a chair when Elise sits in the chair next to her. Elise places a slip of paper on her table, with the address written on it.

ELISE
Are you by any chance familiar with the address written on this paper.

AMY
Why are you asking?

Elise tries to remain calm, so as not to further arouse Amy's suspicions.

ELISE
I have a letter that needs to be delivered there. It's confidential so don't share it with anyone.

AMY
Why are you asking me to deliver it?

ELISE
You seem more dependable, and I can't risk this letter getting lost in the post.

Elise puts the letter down on the table, Andrew is getting the coffee from the counter.

ELISE
I should go now.

Elise walks away before Amy can say another word. Amy quickly puts the letter in her pocket before Andrew comes. Andrew arrives at their table and takes a seat. He saw Elise, but he didn't recognise her.

ANDREW
Who was that?

AMY
Nobody, she was just asking me something.

ANDREW
I see

Andrew takes a seat in front of Amy.


EXT. COFFEE SHOP - NIGHT
Elise walks out of the coffee shop, Owen is standing there waiting for her.

ELISE
I hate the uncertainty of this idea, but it had to be done. It was the best chance we had of delivering the letter to Damien.

OWEN
How will we know when he receives it?

ELISE
I will check if the girl gives it to him, and what he plans to do after he reads it.

OWEN
This is the only way you can be certain of what happens?

ELISE
Yes, I wish I knew more about what would happen, but more now we must wait.

Owen starts rubbing his head as if he has a headache. Elise is quick to notice that he is in pain.

ELISE
To much chatter here?

Owen nods his head in response. Owen is too overwhelmed by the thoughts of the people around him. Elise senses this and knows he is still learning how to control his powers.

ELISE
Come on, let's go.

EXT. COVEN HOUSE GARDEN - DAY

DAMIEN
Since nether of us know what kind of powers you have, we'll start with the basics.

Damien walks towards Amy and hands her a hunting knife.

DAMIEN
The humble knife is a good start, easy to use and train with. In battle, it can do a lot of damage if you use it well.

Amy questions why she would need to learn how to kill someone.

AMY
So you're teaching me how to kill?

DAMIEN
Yes, because other people will try to kill you. They don't care for you, if you stand in their way, they will cut you down.

AMY
So where do I begin?

DAMIEN
With the basics, lesson one: aim for the major arteries, such as heart, head, neck and groin area. Always strike these areas with the utmost force and precision. This can bring down any foe, quickly and efficiently.

Damien trains Amy, teaching her how to fight with the knife. He instructs her on the best places to strike and how to kill someone quickly.

CUT TO
INT. KAT AND AMY'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Amy lies in bed, examining the knife that Damien gave her. His words echo in her mind as she looks at it.

DAMIEN
(Echoing)
Other people will try to kill you. They don't care for you, if you stand in their way, they will cut you down.

Amy looks down at the knife before placing it on the bedside table.

AMY
(Sarcastically)
Great, one less thing for me to worry about.

Amy places the knife on her bedside table before going to sleep.

INT. DAMIEN'S ROOM - NIGHT

Damien is lying awake in bed, haunted by memories of the massacre which killed many of the raven souls. He remembers the people who died in the massacre. He mourns them, but he couldn't bring himself to resurrect them.
There is a knock the door which startles Damien. Amy stands outside his door, holding out the letter Elise gave her.

AMY
Sorry to wake you, but someone told me to give this to you.

Damien takes the letter from Amy's hand and looks at it. He looks at the back of the envelope, he recognises the penmanship of the person who wrote it. Amy is about to leave, but Damien stops her, giving her a serious look.

DAMIEN
Who gave you this?

AMY
I was in the cafe in town and this girl saw me, she somehow knew I lived here and she-

Damien looks up and down the hall, before pulling Amy into his room.
Damien's bedroom is a small, simple room with a bed, a bedside table with a lamp and a wardrobe.

DAMIEN
Did anyone else see you with this?

Amy violently shakes her head.

DAMIEN
Where did you get this?

AMY
In the coffee shop in a town, a girl gave it to me.

DAMIEN
What did the person who gave you this look like?

AMY
S-short girl with brown hair and brown eyes. I-I didn't catch her name, she just told me to give this to you.

DAMIEN
I already know who it is, it was just a miracle you didn't get caught with this.

AMY
Great, I'll just be going now.

DAMIEN
Wait.

Damien grabs her by the shoulder before she leaves.
Since Amy is the one who delivered the letter, Damien thinks it would best if Amy stayed.

DAMIEN
It would be best if you stayed with me, seeing as she gave you the letter.

AMY
What does this have to do with me?

DAMIEN
Because you'll likely tell Andrew about this.

Amy looks away from Damien in anger.

AMY
(Mutters)
At least he seems trustworthy.

Damien opens the letter and reads it.
The letter states that Elise and Owen have returned to look for Damien. They also plan to destroy Carolina once, and for all. The letter instructs Damien to meet them in alleyway near the town square.
Damien folds the letter, looking worried.

DAMIEN
Today of all days, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Amy is insulted by by Damien's remark, she's on the verge of lashing out at him.

AMY
Excuse me?

DAMIEN
Whoever gave you this is an idiot, and you are a bigger idiot for trusting Andrew.

AMY
And why is that?!

Damien clamps his hand over her mouth, muffling her voice.

DAMIEN
Trying to wake the entire coven house isn't clever ether.

Amy furiously pulls his hand away.

AMY
In the space of three days, I've been kidnapped, I've been drafted into your stupid cult, I've been asked to deliver top secret messages, I've been interrogated about these messages, and on top of that, I've been told I need to be a killer as well! So yes, how dare I trust someone who acts like they care for me?!

Walks out of the room and slams the door behind her.

FADE IN:
INT. DAMIEN'S ROOM - DAY
Damien has a flashback of Elise carrying Owen into his room and asking him to revive him.

ELISE
Please Damien, at least do it for me!

DAMIEN
I won't do it for anybody, not Carolina and not you. Let him rest Elise, he's suffered enough in this world.

ELISE
I'll do anything, I don't want to lose him just like I lost Eliza. Please Damien, just this once.

Damien is quietly contemplating this for a long moment.

DAMIEN
Leave.

ELISE
But I-

DAMIEN
If I do this, you and Owen will leave this place. Get out of here the minute I finish, don't stop running until you are free.

Elise nods her head in response and leaves the room.
Damien places his hands on Owen's heart.
Damien uses more of his power so that he can bring back Owen's thoughts and emotions. The only thing that he couldn't return to Owen were his memories.
Elise walks back into the room and sees Damien lying on the floor next to his bed.

DAMIEN
Take him and get out of here, now.

Elise helps an unconscious Owen off the bed, and leads him out of the room.

FADE OUT
EXT. ALLEYWAY - DAY
Elise and Owen wait for Damien in the alleyway, waiting for Damien and hoping he received the letter.

OWEN
Are you certain she would have given him the letter?

ELISE
Yes, and that he wouldn't be pleased to read it ether.

DAMIEN
I had almost forgotten how accurate your powers were.

Damien's words cut through their conversation.
Damien walks further into the alleyway as he talks to them.

DAMIEN
You saw all of this coming, you knew this would happen, so that made it okay to use the new recruit as a messenger. I suppose you can also see yourselves making a scratch in someone as powerful as Carolina?

OWEN
Unbelievable, we came back to look for our friend, and we found an a*****e instead.

DAMIEN
(To Owen)
What you've found is someone who doesn't need to watch more lives go to waste. Not yours and not the recruit's life ether.
(To Elise)
Did you by any chance forget the deal that we had?

ELISE
We came back for you, we couldn't stand to leave you behind. I watched you try to escape over and over, each time knowing that Carolina would find you. I saw the massacre, I saw you bury each and every one of them. So yes, we risked everything and came back, we came back for you.

Damien angrily clenches his fists at the memory, images of the massacre flash through his mind once more.

DAMIEN
I don't want to lose you two just like I lost them. I care for you both too much to let that happen.
(To Owen)
Again.

ELISE
Which is why we need your help, to put an end to Carolina's cruelty. We know the risks and we are willing to take them. There's strength in our numbers, now more than ever. We will need Kat, and the new recruit.

DAMIEN
Why do we need to bring her into this? She doesn't even know what her powers are.

ELISE
When she does, they will be of use to us. She is more likely to fight with us instead of Carolina. I know you don't want her to become another one of Carolina's pawns. So she will fight alongside us instead. We know you want to protect her, we know that deep down you want to protect all of us.

Elise places a comforting hand on his shoulder, Damien responds with a small smile.


EXT. COVEN HOUSE ROOFTOP - DAY
Amy received a note from Andrew to meet him on the coven house rooftop. Andrew waits for her as he leans against the balcony railing.

ANDREW
How did your training go with Damien?

Amy stands next to Andrew, leaning against the railing.

AMY
I'm not sure if I even want to talk about him.

ANDREW
I know he's serious all the time, but I didn't think you'd hate him that much.

AMY
Surely even he doesn't want to be a part of this cult.

ANDREW
Call it what you will, but Damien was practically born into the coven.

AMY
That's fucked.

Amy looks shocked as she hears this, but Andrew continues talking.

ANDREW
He was an orphan, the last coven leader took him in, performed the ritual on him, and raised him as his own.

AMY
How old was he?

ANDREW
He was only five years old, I was at least ten when they found me. The rest of us barely remember our families, soon we might forget them altogether.

Andrew's memories of his own ritual flash through his mind as he says this.
Amy looks off into the distance as she speaks.

AMY
What happens when you try to escape this place? As in run away from it all, forever.

ANDREW
Damien has tried, too many times to count. Even if you make it out in one piece, out there they will cast you out. You are no longer human, to them you are a monster. Even if you stay here, you will soon believe this to be true.

AMY
What happens if you're caught trying to escape?

ANDREW
Carolina would wait for us to come back to her, she knows that we can no longer simply live among other people.

AMY
What about Damien?

ANDREW
Damien's power is too useful to her, even if he won't use it.

AMY
What is his power?

ANDREW
He's a necromancer, if he would, he could raise an army of corpses to fight for Carolina. He won't though, so she gets irritated with him.

Andrew glances at the mark on Amy's upper back, peeking out from under her camisole tank top.
Amy's mark is between her shoulder blades, it is a raven carrying a diamond in it's talons.

ANDREW
(Continued)
Have you figured out what your mark means?

AMY
It's a raven carrying a diamond, Any idea what it means?

ANDREW
Not a clue, but you'll find out somehow.


INT. KAT AND AMY'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Amy walks into her room, Kat is fast asleep in her own bed. She wakes up when she hears Amy walk in. Kat turns in her bed to face her.

KAT
Where were you? Damien was looking everywhere for you. You had training this afternoon, in case you forgot.

AMY
I was on the roof, so he didn't look hard enough.

Amy pulls back the blanket on her bed, and sits down on the bed.

KAT
What were you doing there?

AMY
I was with Andrew, and you can tell Damien I decide who I should trust. I'm tired of you and Damien badmouthing him. He's the only person here who I feel comfortable around.

Amy lies down in her bed and tries to fall asleep. She doesn't want to say another word to Kat about it.

KAT
Fine, don't come crying to us in the end.

Kat faces the wall and tries to go back to sleep.

INT. COVEN HOUSE DINING HALL - DAY
Amy sits next to Andrew in the coven house dining hall, Kat and Damien watch her from a distance.

KAT
Aren't you going to try to talk any sense into her?

DAMIEN
She won't listen, and now that I think about it, why would she?

KAT
Because you care for her, you care for all of us. You know what Andrew is capable of, did you forget what happened to-

DAMIEN
No. I haven't forgotten. I can't go charging in, and tell her what to do ether. For the time being, the best we can do is keep an eye on her.

Kat returns to eating her toast, and doesn't say anything more on the matter.

EXT. COVEN HOUSE FRONT GATE - DAY
Elise waits for Damien outside the gates of the coven house. In her hands, there is a skeletal bird with a note attached to it's foot.
Damien walks out of the gates and looks around to make sure no one is watching.

DAMIEN
Did you see anyone come here?

ELISE
No, nor will anyone come later. There's something we need your help with. It's a lot to ask, but we have a plan.

DAMIEN
What are you suggesting?

ELISE
We are asking you to escape, there's a place on the outskirts of town where we could hide.

Damien raises his eyebrows at her, remembering what she said the day before.

DAMIEN
How would this be any different from my other attempts at escape?

ELISE
You wouldn't be alone, take Kat and that new recruit with you.

DAMIEN
You assume this new recruit thinks highly of me. She said so herself, she trusts Andrew more than she trusts me.

ELISE
Did you tell her about Eliza?

Damien gives her a sympathetic look, remembering what happened to Eliza.

DAMIEN
It's not my story to tell, you should know that. So it's unlikely that she would leave without Andrew. So what are you planning?

ELISE
First we need to secure the coven house on the outskirts of town. We take that territory from them and we use that as a safe house to hide from Carolina. From that house, we will put an end to Carolina.

Elise takes a map out of her pocket and shows it to Damien. The location of the house she mentioned is marked in red pen.

DAMIEN
It's a risky plan, particularly since the house is already occupied by another coven.

ELISE
It's the only one we have, and if you are going to bring the new recruit there, you need to gain her trust. Kat will go wherever you go anyways, so that shouldn't be an issue.

EXT. COVEN HOUSE GARDEN - DAY
Damien waits for Amy to arrive for training in the coven house garden. When she does arrive, he has something to tell her.

AMY
So what is it you wanted to teach me?

DAMIEN
Actually, I wanted to tell you I'm sorry.

Amy is bewildered for a moment, as she stares blankly at Damien.

DAMIEN
(continued)
I was an a*****e, when you brought me that letter. I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry.

AMY
One thing I don't understand is, what has Andrew done that is so horrible?

DAMIEN
He never told you he was an illusionist, did he? He used that power to torture the people, and eventually it would destroy them.

AMY
How do I know you aren't lying to me?

Amy still doesn't want to believe Andrew is as cruel as Damien says he is. Damien still thinks its not his place to explain to her what happened to Eliza.

DAMIEN
What do I have to gain by lying to you Amy? At this point you aren't a threat to me, or anyone else. If anything, until you learn what powers you have and how to control them, you will be a target.

AMY
How long before I stop being a target?

DAMIEN
Until you fight the people who target you. Tonight, meet me outside the coven house gates, and bring Kat with you too.

Damien is about to walk out of the garden.

AMY
Why?

DAMIEN
I can't tell you here, just do as I say.

Damien continues to walk out of the house, Amy stares after in looking puzzled.

INT. KAT AND AMY'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Amy tells Kat that they have to meet Damien at the coven house gate. Amy is about to say something when she walks into the room, but Kat already knows what she's going to say.

KAT
Damien already told me, he didn't tell us how we are getting out of here though. Guess we'll have to figure that out for ourselves.

AMY
I also want Andrew to come with us.

KAT
Is he going to rat us out to Carolina?

AMY
He wouldn't do that, I know you don't trust him but also know he wouldn't do that.

KAT
If you say so...I'd say midnight is the best time, make sure your boyfriend is ready by then.

Amy rolls her eyes at Kat's remark.

INT. ANDREW'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
Amy quietly wakes Andrew while he is asleep in his bed. Andrew wakes up, while he's happy to see Amy, he's not sure what she is doing in his room.

ANDREW
Amy, is that you?

AMY
There's no time to talk, just come with me.

ANDREW
What's going on?

AMY
We are getting out of here, tonight.

Andrew is stunned by what Amy said, and is worried for her.

ANDREW
Are you insane?

AMY
We aren't escaping alone, there's more people coming with us.

Andrew sits up and gets dressed, packing his things in a backpack.

ANDREW
This is a stupid idea, but anywhere is better than here I suppose.

INT. COVEN HOUSE HALLWAY - NIGHT
Kat is waiting outside their room, she isn't happy to see Amy bringing Andrew with them.

KAT
Still got the knife Damien gave you?

AMY
Yeah, now lets go before Carolina knows we're gone.

KAT
Just make sure you don't get one in the back.

They make their way to the front door in silence, the halls are dark and empty. Amy constantly looks around her, she feels as though she is still being watched.

INT. COVEN HOUSE ENTRANCE HALL - NIGHT
They quietly reached the entrance hall, Amy feels that something isn't quite right.

AMY
Shouldn't we have been caught by now? Or at least seen someone who might catch us?

KAT
We are disappearing off at midnight, because nobody, not even Carolina would be able to catch us.

Andrew thinks back to his own attempts to escape the coven house, and the trouble he caused when he was in town.

ANDREW
Leaving the coven house is one thing, being about to survive outside of it is another. She'll wait for us to come back, when the outside world has rejected us.

Kat gently tries to open the front door of the coven house, it makes a loud noise that worries Amy.

AMY
Are you certain that we aren't going to be caught?

ANDREW
Walked out of here once a few years back, and had no choice but to walk back in a few days later.


KAT
Only because you were close to destroying the town and everyone in it.

Andrew glances over at Kat, glaring at her.

ANDREW
The town was still in one piece, and the proof still stands. It's just that no one believed me when I said it looked fine to me.

Amy looks up the grand staircase behind her and thinks that she can see Carolina's eyes staring down at her.

AMY
Let's just get out of here and be done with it, hurry up and open the doors Kat!

KAT
Quiet, what are you panicking about anyways?

AMY
Quickly! Before she finds us!

Amy looks back at the top of the stairs, the eyes have vanished, but Kat is suspicious of her worries. She looks at Andrew, silently accusing him of toying with Amy.

ANDREW
I'm not doing anything, I don't even know what she saw.

Kat opens a small crack in the door, and she is able to slip out of the door with Andrew and Amy. Amy shuts the door behind her, trying not to make as much noise.

EXT. COVEN HOUSE FRONT GATE - NIGHT
Damien is waiting outside the coven house gates with Elise and Owen. All heads turn to Andrew when he walks out of the gate.

ELISE
I saw you bringing Andrew, I was just wondering if it was one of his tricks.

ANDREW
Good to see you too Elise, and Owen, you're looking great for a dead guy.

Owen walks over to Andrew, sizing him up.

OWEN
Want to to have go at it?

Damien tries to stand in between them, preventing a fight from breaking out.

DAMIEN
Shut up! Both of you! Let's take the fight elsewhere before you give us away!

ELISE
I'll lead the way, we should be safe from Carolina when we reach the safe house.

As they leave, Amy stays at the back of the crowd with Andrew, distancing themselves from the others. Andrew takes Amy's hand, and gives her a warm, comforting smile.
Meanwhile Kat says something to Damien about their escape.

KAT
Escaping was too easy, I'm pretty sure she saw us leave.

DAMIEN
With me here, it's more likely that she'll come looking for us, we need to be on guard and alert.

ELISE
She will find us, not today and not tomorrow. Until that day comes, we must be ready.

Elise glances back at Amy, who is talking to Andrew.

DAMIEN
The question is, will she be ready for a battle?

EXT. SAFE HOUSE - NIGHT
They arrive at the house that Elise mentioned, as she predicted, another coven has occupied the territory.

ANDREW
So what's your brilliant plan Elise?

ELISE
Step one, you shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you.

Elise pulls a small notepad out of her bag, her notes are written on the paper.

ELISE
(continued)
There are only a few raven souls inside, we don't know what powers they have, so we need to make this quick. They will change guards in about half an hour, so I'm only going to say this once.

She turns the page in her notebook, which shows a map of the inside of the house.

ELISE
(continued)
Infiltrate the house before the new guards arrive, Kat will deal with the new guards. I'm leaving you two to deal with the people inside, do you think the recruit is up to it?

ANDREW
And what will you be doing then?

Elise looks over at Andrew, glaring at him.

ELISE
I'll be out here, making sure you don't go sticking knives in their back.

ANDREW
(sarcastically)
You wound me Elise.

Elise takes out her knife, aiming it at Andrew's throat.

ELISE
Believe me, if it were up to me, I could do so much worse.

Damien tries to keep the peace between them, even though he understands why Elise hates Andrew the most.

DAMIEN
Let's just proceed with the plan, we only have a small window of time.

INT. SAFE HOUSE LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
Once inside, Kat, Damien, Owen and Amy see that the living room is empty.

DAMIEN
Owen, Kat, you guys deal with the people upstairs. Amy, stay down here with me, we'll deal with the guards.

Owen and Kat nod their heads in agreement, Amy is trembling at the idea of what they are about to do.
A man and a woman walk down the stairs, Amy and Damien are hiding and waiting to strike. Amy's trembling prevents her from having a steady grip on her knife.
Damien kills the woman by quickly slicing her throat, Amy tries to kill the other man before he stops her. Amy tries to free her knife hand from the man's grip. Damien finishes him off by cutting his throat.
Kat and Owen make their way upstairs, while Damien stays with Amy.

DAMIEN
The first kill is never the easiest, I'm sorry Amy.

He places a comforting hand on her shoulder, but she doesn't acknowledge it.
Suddenly they hear loud screams coming from upstairs, Damien and Amy hide behind the sofa in the living room as people run out of the house.
When all the other rave souls have fled the house, Owen and Kat walk into the living room.

DAMIEN
(continued)
What happened up there?

OWEN
They thought they saw things that weren't there, like rats, spiders and insects.

At that moment Andrew walks into the house, tiptoeing over the corpses on the floor. Elise walks behind him, not entirely sure of what happened.

DAMIEN
You idiot! What will happen when they come back with reinforcements?

ANDREW
Then I'll get rid of them, just like I did here.

DAMIEN
Just so you can be the hero?

ANDREW
It's better than being the villain who's out to stab everyone in the back.

Andrew storms upstairs, Amy feels everyone's eyes on her as she slowly follows him.

INT. ANDREW'S SAFE HOUSE BEDROOM - NIGHT
Andrew walks into one of the rooms and sets his backpack down on the bed. He sits there, lost in thought for a long moment before there is a knock on the door.

AMY
(muffled)
Andrew, it's me, Amy, can I come in?

Andrew doesn't answer, he lies down on the bed trying to ignore her.

AMY
(continued)
I don't blame you for what happened, I was startled yes, but- Could you please open the door, Andrew?

Andrew gets up and opens the door, Amy is standing outside. He leans into the door frame, gesturing for her to come in.

ANDREW
So how does it feel to know about my secret power, hmmm?

AMY
Damien already told me, I just didn't know how powerful it was. I didn't think you could do that to people.

ANDREW
I've been able to do little else with it.

Andrew lies down on the bed, while Amy takes a seat at the edge of the bed.

ANDREW
(continued)
Did I ever tell you about the first time I tried to escape the coven house?

AMY
Not in detail, no.

ANDREW
Well I did, I just got up early and left. Nobody saw me leave, and for a moment I thought I had regained my freedom.

Images of him walking through the town flash through Andrew's mind.

ANDREW
(continued)
For a day, I felt as though I had left the coven house far behind me. It felt like a long nightmare which had come to an end.

AMY
So, what happened? How did you end up going back too the coven house?

ANDREW
People were afraid of me, some were brave enough to despised me. I was different, in the time that I was gone I had already become an outcast.

Andrew remembers sitting on a park bench, when a group of boys tried to antagonise him. He tried to ignore them but they won't leave him alone. One of them threw him to the ground and kicked him.

ANDREW
(continued)
I'm not proud of what I did next, but I just wanted them to leave me alone. I wanted to enjoy my freedom in peace, but sadly I couldn't.

Andrew remembers to get up, and one of the boys was about to punch him, when they noticed tiny insects crawling all over them.

ANDREW
(continued)
I remember being so angry, so afraid that I lost control of my power. For a few glorious hours, I had forgotten that I had it. In those hours I felt like a normal human once more.

AMY
So what happened after that?

ANDREW
I went back to the coven house, the coven leader at the time knew I would return. He acted like he didn't notice I was gone, and that was when the incident with Eliza happened.

AMY
Who was she?

ANDREW
Elise's twin sister, and naturally she still hasn't forgiven me for it.

Andrew remembers being alone in the coven house garden. When Eliza walks up to him. She is cheerful and tried to cheer him up, but Andrew could only scowl at her in response.

ANDREW
(continued)
I didn't want her cheerful words, I just wanted to be left alone. I regret what happened next, even with Elise hating me for it I would still regret it.

Andrew remembers the swarm of rats that tried to overwhelm Eliza.

ANDREW
(continued)
I was lost in my anger, and before I knew what I had done, it was too late. I knew in other people's eyes, I couldn't be anything other than a monster.

AMY
What about when I arrived at the coven house? Were you a monster then?

ANDREW
I guess I wanted to prove to someone that I wasn't a monster after all, that deep down I was still a human. That there was nothing the raven demon could do to change that.

Amy takes his hand in hers, Andrew looks down at their hands intertwined.

AMY
I trust you Andrew, I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

ANDREW
Even after hearing all that?

Amy nods her head in response, Andrew smiles as he leans in and kisses her on the cheek.

INT. SAFE HOUSE KITCHEN - DAY
Kat opens the fridge, while Elise and Damien look through the cupboards.

KAT
Good to know that the raven souls who were here left plenty of food.

ELISE
It must be a large coven, if they built this to house a few raven souls.

DAMIEN
They didn't think that unwanted guests like ourselves wouldn't take their territory.

Kat begins to toast a piece of bread with her hands.

KAT
So you're telling me, we have to worry about Carolina barging in to look for you, as well as a rival coven who will try to take back their territory?

ELISE
Now because of Andrew, the coven members who are still alive have probably ran back to their main house to report it.

Amy walks into the kitchen and everyone goes quiet, no one wants to say a word to her about last night.
Elise waits until she thinks Amy is out of earshot before she speaks.

ELISE
She still doubts his monstrosity, the girl is an idiot, and I fear someone will make short work of her. Perhaps that someone might be Andrew if she's not careful.

Amy overhears her words, storming upstairs in anger and frustration.

DAMIEN
Well, he's here with us now. The best we can do is try to protect her.

ELISE
If she had heeded any of your warnings she wouldn't have brought him here. I wonder where you're getting this idea that she wants to be protected.

Owen walks in to the kitchen with a worried expression on his face.

OWEN
Guys, she's left the safe house.

ELISE
Who is?

OWEN
Amy, she left the house after overhearing you. She can't continue listening to you bad mouth someone she trusts. By the sound of it, she doesn't seem to trust you guys the same way.

He paces nervously around the kitchen as he speaks.

KAT
Maybe she just needed some fresh air, it's not as though she's going back to the coven house.

ELISE
Perhaps the fresh air will help her think clearly.

DAMIEN
Aren't you the one who suggested bringing her with us?

ELISE
I didn't think she'd be getting close to the person who tortured and killed my sister.

ANDREW
Good grief you still think I did it didn't you?

Andrew enters the kitchen upon hearing Elise's words.

ANDREW
(continued)
I lashed out at Eliza, and that I will regret. But I wasn't the one who killed her that day. Perhaps your powers aren't as accurate as you claim them to be Elise? Maybe if you had Eliza's power, you would be able to see that I didn't do it.

ELISE
You have some nerve uttering my sister's name. Also considering you lashed out at an innocent person like that, what reason do I have to believe you didn't do it? What other haunting visions did you create for Eliza to see?

Elise and Andrew stand face to face, staring each other down. Owen and Damien try to prevent a fight from breaking out.

OWEN
Arguing isn't going to solve anything, it won't bring Eliza back and it won't bring Amy back ether.

ANDREW
Amy's gone?

OWEN
She left just now, let's just hope she comes back safe and sound.

Andrew leaves and goes out the safe house door to find her. Damien follows, also intending to find Amy and make sure she's alright.

EXT. SAFE HOUSE - DAY
Damien and Andrew go outside to look for Amy, assuming she ran away. As they walk outside they talk to each other.

ANDREW
Why are you following me?

DAMIEN
To make sure she comes back in one piece.

ANDREW
Does it occur to any of you that I genuinely care for her?

Andrew tries to walk further ahead, Damien tries to keep up with him.

DAMIEN
Anyways, she wouldn't be able to get very far in a short space of time. Lets search through the town and see if she's there.

ANDREW
And if she's not?

DAMIEN
Let's hope she's out of harms way, and stays that way.

INT. TAXI - DAY
Amy carries a backpack filled with her things. She steps into a taxi cab, the driver looks back at her and asks where she's going, Amy doesn't look at him.

TAXI DRIVER
Where to miss?

AMY
Red Rose Estate please...they won't find me there.

The taxi driver finds her comment odd, but doesn't question it.
The car drives in silence for a long moment, Amy looks out the window, thinking about the past few days. She opens her backpack, examining the small, hunter knife that Damien gave her.

DAMIEN
(echoing)
The humble knife is a good start, easy to use and train with. In battle, it can do a lot of damage if you use it well.

Amy puts the knife back inside her bag, not wanting to think about the person who gave it to her.

EXT. AMY'S HOUSE - DAY
Amy arrives at her house, as she walks up to the house, the butler opens the door for her.

BUTLER
You were gone for a long time madam.

AMY
It feels good to be home.

BUTLER
Where have you been, if you don't mind me asking.

Amy quickly tries to think of an excuse.

AMY
At a friend's house, I haven't been feeling well for the past few days.

INT. AMY'S HOUSE LIVING ROOM - DAY
Amy takes a seat on the living room sofa, watching the television.

BUTLER
I will inform your mother of your recent poor health.

AMY
Sorry, I guess I forgot to call and tell them.

The butler brings Amy a cup of tea, and places it in front of her on the coffee table.

BUTLER
You are home now madam, and that's what matters.

AMY
Did my brother call?

BUTLER
No miss, it seems he'd much rather avoid risking communication with your parents.

AMY
I see.

Amy continues to watch TV and drink the tea in front of her, nibbling at the biscuit that was placed next to it.

AMY
(continued)
Did my parents ever come home?

BUTLER
No, I'm afraid they did not, they said they plan to stay in France for another month.

AMY
Of course they will, I was foolish for asking.

Amy grips her teacup in anger as she realises her parents didn't care that she had been missing for the past few days.

BUTLER
Madam, are you alright?

AMY
I'm fine, just fine thanks. I came home and nothing has changed.

Amy takes the remote control and switches off the TV. She drinks the last of her tea and hands the tray to the butler.

AMY
(continued)
I'll go have a nap for now, I need some sleep.

BUTLER
That would be best madam.

Amy goes up the stairs towards her room.

INT. AMY'S HOUSE BEDROOM - DAY
Amy walks into her room and slams the door behind her, she sinks to the floor in sadness.
She realises that her parents took no notice of her absence and the fact that she was kidnapped. She almost considers returning to the coven house, before remembering Andrew's story.

ANDREW
(echoing)
Carolina would wait for us to come back to her, she knows that we can no longer simply live among other people.

Amy walks towards her bed, she pulls back the covers and crawls into it. She tries to get some sleep and ignore the voices in her head.
Suddenly, she is awakened by someone grabbing her. She opens her eyes and sees the masked person pulling her from her bed. She tries to scream for help but her words are muffled.

MASKED PERSON 1
This will teach you and your friends to take from us.

The masked person threatens her with a knife as they take her out of her bedroom and downstairs.

INT. AMY'S HOUSE LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
Amy is dragged downstairs, she sees the household staff are held hostage.

BUTLER
Madam we are sorry, they just barged in, we didn't know what they were on about.

MASKED PERSON 1
(to the butler)
Shut up!
(to Amy)
You know why we are here, to take back what you brats stole from us. You have only a few minutes, to run and tell your coven leader that we are coming for them.

BUTLER
Madam, what is he talking about? What is all this talk of 'stealing' and 'covens'?

Amy struggles to free herself from the masked person's grasp.

AMY
Our coven leader has nothing to do with this.

MASKED PERSON 1
So you foolishly thought you'd run away and start your own coven? Pathetic.

A second masked person looms over her, holding a knife.

MASKED PERSON 2
We will make an example of her, send her brutally butchered corpse to the house they took from us.

The first masked person lays her out on the coffee table, whilst the second looms over her, polishing his knife

MASKED PERSON 2
(continued)
Where to begin, so many places to choose from? Do we send them a clean kill, or a silly little girl who screamed and howled with her last dying breath?

MASKED PERSON 1
The latter would be a far more suitable punishment, after all it is a punishment that must fit the crime.

MASKED PERSON 2
Let's begin by gutting her...

The second masked person holds his knife high in the air, ready to theatrically plunge it into Amy's belly. Amy shuts her eyes, waiting for the knife to cut her.
Amy waits for the pain but it doesn't come, she hears only hears the gasps of the staff members watching her. She opens her eyes, and she sees the second masked person's knife and hand trapped inside some sort of crystal. The first masked person can only look on in shock.

MASKED PERSON 1
W-what are you?

Amy looks down to see that there is a crystal plate protecting her.

AMY
I could ask myself that same question.

MASKED PERSON 1
If this is how powerful she is, how long before her other raven souls find us?

MASKED PERSON 2
So help me put an end to her and be done with it.

MASKED PERSON 1
Clearly that's easier said than done.

The crystal trapping his hand breaks and the second masked person releases his hand.

MASKED PERSON 2
This time we'll make it a clean cut, we don't have time to waste here.

The second masked person is about to cut Amy's throat when she stops him. She grabs the knife, trying to keep it away from her.

MASKED PERSON 2
(continued)
I'll make your death nice and quick if you cooperate.

Images of her training flash through her mind, remembering what Damien taught her.
Amy pulls the blade towards the second masked person's throat and makes a shallow cut, he recoils at the small cut. Amy quickly makes another deeper cut, the blood spurts on to her body.
The first masked person tries to attack her but she plunges the blade into their heart. Amy stands over the two bodies, looking down at them, horrified at what she has done.

BUTLER
They were going to kill you, if they hadn't died then you wouldn't be standing here right now.

AMY
I still murdered them, their blood is still on my hands.

BUTLER
Come on, let's get you cleaned up.

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - NIGHT
Damien and Andrew still continue searching for Amy, they sit in the town square feeling defeated.

DAMIEN
I'm almost certain that she has left town by now. There's no where for her to be seen.

ANDREW
You saying we should give up the search and go back?

DAMIEN
Since clearly we've searched through the town and we couldn't find her, so yes.

Amy appears behind them, still carrying her backpack.

AMY
You were looking for me, all this time?

The two boys look behind her and see her standing there.

BUTLER
She has explained everything to me, I'm not entirely sure if I believe it, but home is no longer safe for her. I ask you to take good care of her.

The two boys nod in response, and the butler walks away, leaving Amy behind.
When the butler has left, Andrew hugs Amy tightly while Damien looks on with a serious expression. Curious to know what the butler mean by her house being deemed 'no longer safe'.

INT. SAFE HOUSE KITCHEN - NIGHT
Elise reprimands Amy when she arrives at the safe house.

ELISE
That was the most foolish thing you could have done! I saw them go after you and kidnap you, I'm just surprised that you survived.

DAMIEN
So how did you survive the attack?

Amy takes out her hunting knife and tries to pierce the back of her hand. A crystal armour forms around her hand, protecting her from the blade.

KAT
So that's your power, how did you do it?

AMY
I don't know how it happened, which means I don't know how to use it or control it.

ELISE
You'll learn these things in time, if we are able to do it, than so are you.

Damien places a comforting hand on Amy's shoulder.

DAMIEN
I'll admit, you did well for a new recruit.

ELISE
If what you say is true, there is a fight coming for us, I hope you can be ready in time.

Amy nods in response, she remains silent and doesn't wish to say anything.

INT. AMY'S SAFE HOUSE BEDROOM - NIGHT
Amy is alone in her room when she hears a knock on the door. She opens it to find Andrew standing in front of her.

ANDREW
You okay? I was worried about you.

Amy lets him in, and they sit on the bed together.

AMY
I killed two people tonight, even though they would have killed me, I still can't seem to get over it.

ANDREW
As Damien would always say, 'the first kill is always the hardest'.

Amy looks out of the bedroom window, pondering those words.

AMY
Does it get any easier?

ANDREW
You don't want it to get easier, believe me you don't. If killing is easy to you, you feel nothing from it. It becomes pointless, senseless. You killed your opponent so that they wouldn't kill you, at least remember that.

AMY
Anything else I should remember?

ANDREW
You only have a piece of a monster inside you, don't become one.

FADE TO BLACK

© 2015 SarahFC


Author's Note

SarahFC
This is only the first draft and I understand that there are flaws in the script. I'm asking you (the reader) where improvements could be made in the story and the dialogue.

Improvements I plan to make:
-Shortening the dialogue (less 'talking heads')
-Fleshing out the story more (because this is too short for a feature length screenplay)
-Improving the dialogue
-Changing the setting (gaslight/Victorian)
-Changing the ending slightly

If there is anything that you liked about the screenplay or if I am missing anything from this list, please let me know. This will get rewritten during the summer when my final exams are over, fear not :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

(applauds) This is absolutely amazing!!!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I read through. This honestly reminds me of Cassandra Clare's books and I do believe you could give here a run for her money. "Raven Souls" I LOVE THAT!!! :D I fully believe with stuff like this, you'll be in the movies before you know it!!! Seriously, if this were a movie or even a book, I'd gladly buy it. :D

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015
Tags: Raven, Fantasy, Supernatural, Superpowers, Female Lead, Romance

Author

SarahFC
SarahFC

About
I'm a 19 year old Eurasian girl and I love to write screenplays. What kinds of screenplays you ask? I love to write animated fantasy and science fiction films. I want audiences to be amazed by the wor.. more..

Writing
Caged Caged

A Screenplay by SarahFC


Parfait Parfait

A Screenplay by SarahFC