Meet with an outlander

Meet with an outlander

A Story by Sarita

It was a friday, it was a day to go home.

Sitting on the window seat of the train, hearing the chatters of people around me and feeling the cool breeze blowing through the grilled window of the train I was just trying to judge my excitement of meeting the unknown.

 

Keeping my hand against the breeze which was a soothing feeling for the inner n nervousness. A sudden thought ran into my mind as I was going to meet someone, the one whom i had just spoke, the one whom i hardly knew.

 

I didnt even knew how he looked, not even if he smiled. I just kept on looking onto the phone waiting for it to ring,but in vain no call the train was about to start. again a different thought ran into my mind, a worried one...ohhh did he miss the train or did he dropped the plan to see me.

 

I holded my nervousness and decided to call.Again a confusion, hope he doesnt misunderstand me, hope he understands that I was only worried and cared for him.

 

Finally I dialled the number, the call got connected it started ringing and my heart beat rose up.

 

By that time I started gathering courage to say a 'Hello' and responded to his Hello. Our voice met we spoke and we decided to meet which was a sheer delight, all through the conversation I was just being cautious not to reveal my nervousness and excitement of seeing him.

Train already started the breeze was fast now, talking to him I was holding on, once he kept the phone the thud of the phone was as if I got life back. I felt the breeze running through me and giving me energy to face him.

 

He told he would come to my seat, I kept on looking around trying to guess which one of these unknown face is him.

 

Suddenly he appeared I could really guess it was him holding a handkercheif around his nose and mouth it was really funny. I could hardly hold my smile.

 

He came next to me we greeted each other at that moment hundreds of emotions ran into me I couldnt hear anything other than the sound of my feelings which really brought more new questions and thoughts.

In those unknown feelings running over I gained my consiousness. we agreed to sit together and he got the seat next to me.

 

we started talking, as usual me being the silence breaker the conversation started. He smiled, that made me confident that this guy liked me. I went on and on talking as if throwing out all my nervousness and enjoying the company of the stranger. The situtaion turned out to be a puzzle for me of knowing the person and reading him through. There were many things which made me feel good about him, his hestitant smile, the shy nature, few words and speaking eyes.

Time passed by and slowing I started teasing him, which made him blush and a mischevious anger ran on his face as if he would really hit me playfully.

 

We shared our interests and likes, he showed me his latest trip photographs with his friends which gave a start for us to open up more.

 

I looked at my watch and realized that time flew by and we were about to reach our station. I felt great satisfaction of meeting a new person and making a nice friend.

 

The station arrived we got down and shaked hands before departing, which showed up a glow of happiness on our faces of meeting each other. We waived bye to each other and started off in opposite direction suddenly he stopped and called me out, I turned and saw him peeping his hand in his bag and he took out a cute wooden key chain which he presented me as a gift.

 

I was amazed by his gentlemanship of gifting a lady on the first meet.I thanked him with a sweet smile and we started off to our directions with the joy of the moments spent together and a contented smile.

© 2010 Sarita


Author's Note

Sarita
This is my first write-up. Would welcome all comments to improvise my writing ability.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very charming episode. But as English is not your first language there are many errors in spelling and grammer. But that is only superficial. You certainly might want to try developing a long story with plot points and a longer structure.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010

Author

Sarita
Sarita

India



About
When a cool breeze passes through a tender branch of a tree, the branch swings along with it.... The branch is me..... Flowing river gushing towards the sea... The river is me.... A baby jumping w.. more..

Writing
Too busy Too busy

A Poem by Sarita