The Forbidden Ally (Version 1)

The Forbidden Ally (Version 1)

A Story by Sasha Morales
"

Taylor wakes up two weeks after the fight of her life. Dazed and confused she tries to make sense of the situation with the help of her best friend Aidenn.

"
The Forbidden Ally

"Taylor it's okay. Shh, it's okay."
Someone was talking to me. I opened my eyes and realized that I had been kicking and trying to hit the air. I was so confused. I looked up to see a guy holding me with concerned eyes. I looked around and realized I was in a small cottage that couldn't have been bigger than a one bedroom apartment. There wasn't much much besides a sink, cabinets, a bookshelf, a table, guns by the door, the the small cot which i was sitting up on. 
"Taylor?"
I snapped back into reality and remember that I was still being held. He had blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and a nice build, although he looked like he had been starved. He looked so familiar. Where had I seen him before?
"Do you... Do you remember me Taylor?" The boy stammered.
I looked at him and it finally hit me.
"A-Aidenn?" I managed to whisper; my voice sounding hoarse.
He smiled a bright smile, nodding and hugging me tightly. I could feel shots of pain and whimpered a little. Aidenn must have realized he was hurting me because he released his grip and got up, and got something from one of the cabinets. I layed back down and closed my eyes.
"Okay now just relax. This may hurt a bit but it will make the pain go away. Just relax," Aidenn said.
His voice was soft and calm. He lifted up my shirt up to my rib cage and started to apply some kind of sticky substance to my cuts with a rag. I tried to block out the pain by trying to recall what happened. I didn't want to break the slightly, yet satisfying silence between Aidenn and I, so I resided to snuggling into the cot to think and possibly sleep while Aidenn finished cleaning my cuts.

Now where to start. All these questions started to formulate in my head. I remember Aidenn's name, but nothing else. Were we friends or enemies? Where exactly am I? I must have got in a fight, but how bad was it? Who was involved? I swear I feel mental right now, but what else is new? I just-

“Taylor run! Cmon let's go this way, we'll be safe... I'm so sorry Taylor...”

I jolted and ended up smacking foreheads with Aidenn.

“What the hell was that?” I asked.

“Uhm... I, uh... Sorry,” was all he could manage to say.

“Wait, did you... did you just kiss me?” for now I realized that his lips had just been against mine a few seconds ago.

He leaned against the wall with his head down, eyes closed, running a hand through his hair. He slowly nodded and opened his eyes glancing at me, pain written all over. I slowly tried to get up, biting my lip, but ignoring all the pain that ran through my body, screaming for rest. When I was finally able to stand, I turned to face Aidenn.

“Look at me,” I said shakily. His eyes remained glued to the floor.

“Look at me Aidenn,” I said again. This time with a little more confidence. His blue eyes instantly found mine. His arms went to my waist to support me, but withdrew quickly as if it hurt him to touch me. We just looked at each other for awhile. Aidenn finally sighed.

“Wh-,”

“Do you remember anything Taylor?” Aidenn asked as he interrupted me. I shook my head and looked down. He sighed again.

“We are the only ones left,” he whispered.

“What are you talking about?”

“It's a long story Tay-”

“Just tell me!”

“It's not that simple.”

“Yes it is Aidenn. Ya know, story telling. Words come out of your mouth.”

“I can't.”

“Why not?” I asked raising my voice.

“Because only you can.”

“How can I if I don't remember.”

“Like I said, it's complicated.”

I groaned and walked away from him, limping around the room. I could feel his eyes watching me, but I couldn't care less. He was making me frustrated. I leaned against the table, closing my eyes. Cmon Taylor, remember. Remember. Remember. I shook my head and opened my eyes only to find Aidenn a few inches away from me. He looked puzzled, worried, maybe even scared?

“Why can't you tell me?” I barely whispered. He backed away not answering me and started to pace back and forth. I wondered what he was thinking about. As he was pacing in front of me, I looked down and realized how fragile I looked. The cuts looked fresh, but cleaner because of Aidenn. There were so many though. My hoodie was all torn up and stained with mud. My jeans were not much better. I lifted up my hoodie and it looked like I hadn't eaten anything in weeks. As if on cue, my stomach decided to growl. When was I last time I ate?

“Do you want something to eat? You must be starving. We don't have much, but I could cook something up.”

“No, I want to know what happened,” I replied. He stopped pacing and looked at me.

“No,” he said firmly. He started to walk towards one of the cabinets, but I limped over, and caught him by the arm which he wasn't really expecting. He leaned against the cabinet as I stepped in front of him. I saw a flash of anger in his eyes, but was quickly replaced with a blank expression.

“Why can't you tell me?”

“You're not ready.”

“Yes I am.” I demanded. He said nothing. I was getting more and more frustrated.

“Fine!” I somewhat yelled, throwing my hands up in complete frustration. But before I could walk away, Aidenn grabbed both my wrists and spun us around so I was now leaning against the cabinet. I barely registered the switch, let alone the fact that he was centimeters away from my whole body. I looked into his eyes and saw so much intensity that it scared me a little. I was just about to open my mouth to say something when he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine, kissing me.

There was a flash a light and the words 'The Forbidden Ally' in my head as I headed into what would be a flashback...

© 2015 Sasha Morales


Author's Note

Sasha Morales
This is Version 1 of The Forbidden Ally. I wrote this about 3 years ago. I tweaked it a little as I was typing it on here. I figured I should put it out there and get some feedback. I wrote another version about a year ago that is up. I would love some feedback on which version is better, what works/does not work, any confusion, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015
Tags: Forbidden Ally, Version 1, Story, Stage

Author

Sasha Morales
Sasha Morales

CA



About
I am a junior in college and I love writing. I normally just write down what comes to mind with no formal format and leave it like that. I write down thoughts, feelings, and parts of short stories. more..

Writing