Havenwood

Havenwood

A Story by Satan's Crow
"

It's a tale about a UFO incident that the government can't cover up. A battle between ET and the U.S. Army blows Uncle Sam's containment strategy to high hell.

"
             (After a prologue in which friends watch a TV show about UFO's and Government cover ups, One of them suggest that it would be interesting if an event occurred that the government can't cover up. Then the story starts...)
                                    1.

      Dan Martin had just returned to his farm in the southern region of the Ingles Woods, when he spotted the object falling out of the sky.

      He got out of his Ford pick up, leaving the door wide open as he stared in amazement at the glowing, falling, unknown thing. It glowed with a bluish, white luminescence, that trailed light, flowing behind it like a fireball, as it streaked out of the northern sky, headed his way.

      He heard no sound, as the object soared downward and then reversed itself, attempting a climb it couldn't hold. It made a desperate turn, returning to it's descent and sailed down into the dark woods, not far from where Dan stood.

      “Damn!” Dan whispered in astonishment. “A UFO! A real UFO!”

      Dan Martin had been a soldier most of his adult life, the last ten years of it, in Special Forces. Whatever that thing was that just crashed in the woods, it wasn't like any aircraft he had ever seen.

      The bluish, white glow could still be seen, a lone spot of blue, submerged in the blackness of the dense woods several miles away. Dan wondered if he should go have a look. He always had an interest in UFO's and this was clearly a red carpet invitation to anyone bold enough to accept it.

      Of course, he argued with himself, in all likelihood the military had been tracking the thing all along and at this very moment, had to be in scramble mode toward the crash site. They would have to come from Derry Air Force base, however, Dan knew_ having finished out his time in the service there_ and that was a good two hour drive away,

      He needed no further arguments. He jumped back in his truck, cranked it up, turned it around and headed back down the ninety foot, private road, that led to the highway. How often, he asked himself as he floored the accelerator, does a Roswell, New Mexico, just drop in one's front yard?


      Many in the mid Western city of Havenwood and it's surrounding outskirts, had seen the object soaring across the sky and go down. Havenwood was a small city spread out over a large, hilly and mountainous region. It had one police station, one fire department and one TV station, all of which became hammered with phone calls from eye witnesses, expressing their concern, alarm and in some cases, outright fear_from those who had seen far too many horror movies that begin with, something falling from the skies. 

     In response to the various reports coming in, five police cruisers and two fire trucks, screamed through the streets of the city, en-route to the woods and the downed object.

Traveling down highway 12-90, headed for Riddler's Bridge, where the curious had gathered and where the strange bluish white light, glowing and pulsating in the deep woods, could be seen, Victoria Randolph and her camera man Peter Garallus of channel eight news, raced to the scene, sandwiched in between a patrol car up ahead and a speeding fire truck behind. Peter drove the station van, with the satellite disc on the roof for live, on the spot broadcasting, as Victoria rode shotgun, talking on her cell phone.

How far away are you from the crash, from there? Oh really? About one hundred and fifty yards? That's pretty close. Have you seen anyone attempting to go into the woods to have a closer look?” She listened a minute and then burst into laughter, “No one there, that brave huh?”

The call waiting, on her cell phone, informed her that, she had another call. She looked and saw, it was the station news manger. “I have to go Ben, See you when I get there. Bye.” She switched to the other line. “What's up boss?” She greeted him happily, glad to be out in the field instead of stuck behind the four walls of the TV station.

Just got a call from the mayor's office.” Henry Addison informed his star broadcast reporter. “The military is claiming jurisdiction over the crash site. All civilian authorities and news agencies have been order not to get within a mile of the area. They're claiming it's a top secret, experimental aircraft that went down and have declared it a matter of national security, so unless you want to go to federal prison”, the station manger cut to the chase, “we have no choice but to comply.”

Victoria wasn't exactly a UFO buff but she had read enough stories on the subject, so that, she now scolded herself for not seeing this coming.

Well this sucks.” She said slowly, as the full weight of the salutation settled in.

The police have been instructed to man the stretch of road near the site.” The news manger went on, “and keep the curious at bay until the Air Force gets there.”

Great.” Victoria answered, not sounding, for a minute like she meant it. “We can stick around at the bridge, with the police and wait on G. I. Joe to show up.” She added. “I'd like to ask them a few questions_ like, how do we know they're not lying through their teeth?”

Okay,” Addison agreed. “Just don't go and get yourself locked up. Keep me posted.”

Will do.” She snapped her cell phone shut, ending the call.

© 2015 Satan's Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off I enjoyed the story and want to know what happens next - this is a good thing.

However, you take a little time to establish your main characters. Tell us a bit about Victoria Randulf and Dan Martin. It will help us empathise with them as the story unfolds. You have plenty of time to do this in a story and don't have to rush on to the next exciting bit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Satan's Crow

8 Years Ago

The characters are more developed as the story progresses_ especially the female reporter who is the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2015
Last Updated on September 17, 2015

Author

Satan's Crow
Satan's Crow

Newport News, VA



About
I'm a 60 year old black male with dread locks and I wear an inverted cross. I am and have been a Satanist for over 30 years_it's a long story but the short of it is that I came to this dark faith,.. more..

Writing
Hester Hester

A Story by Satan's Crow