Amphibol

Amphibol

A Story by Eily Satira
"

A story reflecting the feeling of unworthiness and the good intentions turn bad

"
Leaves flutter by whispers in the breeze. Discolored orbs are pulsing their soft glowth between the narrow gaps of trees.

The forest’s core has always been obscure to human eyes. Constantly wilting more and more each passing day.

The only wildlife is a single creature living on a fallen tree. The skin was like an umbria; opaque and nearly impossible for the human eye to register correctly. Looking at them was like the aftermath of gazing into the sun for too long.


They call him Amphibol



The wires on his head jumped, criss-crossed. Floated and jumped from side to side like a glitch. The whispering was deafening. His myriad of eyes coating his face gazed blankly into the distance, each fixed on its own corner of the woods.

At the end of the creature’s wires hung what could be called “an unachievable happiness”. A lingering affection in the shape of heavy orbs. Every positive feeling he recieved hung in loose, entangled strands of umbria skin as if attempting to usher away the unknown and frightening.

CRACK

Reaching the soul of the forest wasn’t a simple feat. Not with all the clusters of trees that grew so tightly together. The core is so clustered it would work similar to a prison cell.

Through all odds, a small hand swayed desperately between the bark’s gap. The whispering became stronger and more intense than before. Screaming and wheezing.

The owned of the hand squeezed their body through the narrow imprisonment. They looked around with apprehension. A tattered, young girl.

Her blonde, short locks tangled together with leaves. Her gown caked in mud and torn through the skin. A red scarf wrapped defensively around her neck. Faint drops could be seen glistening in her eyes. She seemed distressed. It was like she escaped someone, or something.

She hesistantly approached the creature as he sat there, immobilized and entangled. The wires flew out at her, lighting her up with their faint, breathing glowth.

Her eyes were transfixed on the light. Ghostly moving spots danced in her irises. She seemed to be longing for something reflected within the core.

Amphibol shakily and slowly raised his hands. He carefully reached for the hazel-glowing orb. Several vines that were wrapped around him snapped one by one in the process.

Hisses and vibrating noises erupted at the touch. His hands fizzled bit by bit holding it carefully at its sides.

Screeching. Roaring winds. Panic-sprung crows. All of it rocketing through his mind while he pulled at the seams. His hands dissolving bit by bit�"


clank


The hazel-tinted orb rolled heavily towards the girl’s toes. A red liquid glazed some of it, mixed with umbria-textured nerves slithering through.

Amphibol’s skin-strand dripped of reds and blues at its tip.

Hesistance washed over the girl. She picked up the orb with an unsteady grip. The nerves crumbled as she moved it to eye-level. She observed the pulsing light with eyes glistening with adoration.

After a moment of silence, something red fell over Amphibol’s shoulders. The girl held her scarf around the creature with an appreciative smile and turned her heels.

A ripping strangling yanked at his neck. Surrendering his breath, every feeling in his head were stifled. The scarf forced its way through his throat.

His vision of her obscured as she left. He had no strength to cry out for help. Cackling voices and tones of derision all echoing loudly in his head.

His head was splitting in two, until

             a new, crimson glowth shone vividly beside him.

© 2018 Eily Satira


Author's Note

Eily Satira
English is not my first language, so tell me if any words or sentences are worded awkwardly. I have some bad concentration issues so in the middle of writing, I kinda tend to just write just to finish it, or get the ideas out before they vanish. Is this noticable at times? And is there a way for me to get out of this vicious cycle?

My intention for the story is for it to be more focused on the feelings and the environment. There are some symbolisms of abuse, and then Amphibol's character is just the embodiment of hollow and doubt. The orbs are kinda like souls or compliments to a person, or a sense of belonging. He gives them away since his body can't absorb them.

Does the story feel incomplete? Is it too confusing? Too many weird symbolisms? Any weird word choices I made? Is there any way for my story to get the message through more clearly or is that not needed?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 26, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018
Tags: people pleaser, ptsd, personality disorder

Author

Eily Satira
Eily Satira

London is my city (i've never been to london), North, Sweden



About
Often tired Often salty Always edgy Studies art, and hope to attend to a picture book course the following year. more..